Question

• Creator
    Topic

Outlook Mobile Access Issue (Exchange 2003)

by mr.sweetchuck ·

Hi,
    I have just a quick question. I am attempting to configure OMA and I have sucessfully tested on a web browser inside the domain. However, when I attempt to use a phone, it does not work. I get a 403.6 error, which I understand to mean that the IP address is blocked. Is there a way to permit all IP addresses, e.g. 0.0.0.0/0?

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Clarifications

by mr.sweetchuck ·

In reply to Outlook Mobile Access Issue (Exchange 2003)

Clarifications

Firewall

by bfilmfan ·

In reply to Outlook Mobile Access Issue (Exchange 2003)

Have you opened the ports 80 and 443 to the server hosting OMA?

Verify your set up with the steps at http://www.petri.co.il/configure_oma.htm.

Note that you should NOT open those ports to an Exchange backend server as you will create a security exposure for yourself if you do.

HTTP 403.6

by mr.sweetchuck ·

In reply to Firewall

Hi.
        Thanks for your post. Unfortunately the issue is still persisting. It appears that IISis blocking all public IP address.

When I attempt to browse to the webpage, I get a 403.6 Error. From what I’ve read, it means that the server is rejecting the request based on the IP address of the client (i.e. the phone.)

As unsafe as I know it is, I attempted to permit all IP address (i.e. 0.0.0.0/0) However, IIS does not permit this. Is there something I’m missing?

Viewing 1 reply thread