General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Panasonic PD/CD Dirve Mod# lf-1004H

by rusty8195 ·

I have this pd dirve an the drivers and instructions provided by the panasonic site do not help win98 reconise the device. Mabybe im missig something, can someone thee me how to ger this drive installed and the name of the proper drivers. HELP !!!!!!!!!

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

by faraz67 ·

In reply to Panasonic PD/CD Dirve Mod# lf-1004H

First check the jumper settings at the backside of your PD/CD it should be on Secondry Master if you are already having two hard drives i-e Primary Master and Primary Slave or you can make your CD/PD Primary Slave in case of only one hard drive. Check the manual completely and then detect your drive bu using Windows ADD/REMOVE Hardware option in the control pannel.

by rusty8195 ·

The PD\CD is a scsi device. Windows 98 identifies the scsi card but can not identify the device. It is the only device on the card and a terminator is in place. Thank you for your efforts.

by ann777 ·

Is it device # 0 in the chain? or is the defauld set to another number?

If win98 recognizes the controller, it should recognize the device. What IRQ is it using? And is Win98 sharing any other devices on that IRQ?

by csmith ·

A quick test would be to remove the SCSI card in Device Manager and then click Refresh to see if Windows will properly reload the SCSI card driver.
      It should then, on the next boot, recognize the CD drive.
      Regards, Chris

by rusty8195 ·

This question was closed by the author

Viewing 3 reply threads