General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Pareto Logic – Friend or Foe?

by danteae ·

Hi Techians,

This is my first shot at posting, so please be kind 🙂

I’m starting up my own IT consultancy and am looking for some good products on the market.

One of the suites I have come across in my digital wandering is the products from Pareto Logic.

They provide the following software:
    ParetoLogic DriverCure, Anti-Virus, Data Recovery Pro and Registry Cleaner.

Please could you help me out by sharing your experiences with these products or offer a better alternative.

The reason I have titled this post “Friend or Foe” is that after using DriverCure my PC was wrecked. I had to re-install from scratch, which I’m sure we all agree is not so fantastic.

I’m hoping that I did something wrong and that these are great products.

All constructive advice is welcome, thanks for your responses in advance.

Thanks,

Tyba

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

None of the utility suites are very good

by jdclyde ·

In reply to Pareto Logic – Friend or Foe?

They will have a few places they shine, but the rest is just filler to help put a longer list of features on a box.

You have already destroyed one computer, luckily it was your own. Imagine if that would have been a customers system that you had destroyed?

I’m assuming that those were the paid…

by the maverick phantom wanderer (formerly macoza, nodice, kp, etc.) ·

…versions of those products, considering that they refuse to work in the free versions.

Either way, I consider ParetoLogic to be baitware (my own term) of the worst kind.

Foe… and hard to un-install

by cmatthews ·

Stay away, to many system hooks and drivers as I recall and left bits and pieces after de-install. In the end, I had to use autoruns to delete a driver, I brute forced the rest and use CCleaner to sweep the registry.

I only tried 1 util from them.

by the scummy one ·

and it didnt go well. First, it was on a fresh install of XP pro. I installed their util (I forget which, but it was likely a system monitor program). I didnt like it much, so I uninstalled it. It was installed for about 20 minutes.

Then, every few hours I would get a popup stating that the paretologic.dll was not found (or some other file, I forget). I scoured the registry and startup options, but could not find (easily) how to stop this. After a week I had to get other utils to help me rid of it.
      Stay away from this POS company and cr@ppy SW.

Foe, stay away!

by mrsmith9999 ·

I paid and used their products about 12 months ago, only to see that both my laptops had to be rebuilt from scratch like you. My best advice is to stay away!

your only about a year late.

by .martin. ·

In reply to Foe, stay away!

but thanks for your thoughts 😉

Pareto@your own risk

by papabear65 ·

I’ve used Pareto’s RegCure for 4 yrs., and have recently discovered that the program is a farce. I’m slow on the up-take and down-loaded DriverCure and FileCure with catastrophic results. The computer locks up, crashes, has slowed to a snail’s pace, and has corrupted all connections with my peripherals. A word to anyone considering any Pareto products: DON”T BOTHER!

Foe

by tvdd ·

End of last year I tried to download to my co. laptop, drivers for my two HP printers using what I assumed was HP’s web site. After the downloads a window came on screen called File Cure and after filling details was directed to a paypal site asking for $29.99 which I closed and from then on the pc is slow, everytime I try to load a program a window opens called “window installer” I cancel several times then a “smart web printing” box appears which I have to cancel several times before my required program loads up. Needless to say both printers still wouldn’t respond. I tried to remove them in control panel to no avail.I made same mistake with my desktop
      and even when I located HP’s genuine site and downloaded – still wouldn’t print. In the end I found they had changed bios settings in Integrated peripherals and disabled all usb 1.0 and 2.0 ports and this after a reload of my XP pro.
      I believe from my own experience and of others that paratological is a scam and uses its site to implant malware in users browsers. Is it a US website? If so and you are US citizen then report to the FBI.

freind

by harold.meyer ·

Ive used PC health advisor and it has worked great for me for over four years now, guess im just lucky. I also didnt use the driver replacement part of it either.

Pareto Logic – Speedy PC

by johnstu ·

I’ve got the message loud and clear that Pareto Logic is to be avoided. I also had a bad experience with them, but I hadn’t actually paid anything, and after some hassle, managed to uninstal their software. So, like Basil Fawlty, I think I got away with it!

The puzzling thing is that I am currently using Speedy PC, and it appears to be doing a good job of speeding up my PC. Also, feedback about Speedy PC seems to be favourable. However, there seems to be some link between Speedy PC and Pareto Logic. When I paid about $30 to Speedy PC, they actually charged an extra $10 for something called ‘privacy controls’ from Pareto Logic, but when I complained, they refunded my $10. Also, Speedy PC website says Pareto Logic is a Microsoft Partner (whatever that means).

Can anyone throw any light on this? Pareto Logic seems bad, whilst Speedy PC seems good, but they seem to be linked. Does Microsoft set any standards and/or take any responsibility for its so-called ‘partners’?

Viewing 8 reply threads