id="info"

Question

Password Policy through GP in 2003

By avasile ·
I haev 2003 Active Directory domain and i have a Password Policy that should force the user to change his password every 140 days. For some reason it comes up every aprox. 40 days. I could figure it out why.
There are some other policy that applies to the domain but nothing related to a password. Any help to troubleshoot thins will be appreciated.
Thank you,
AV

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Password Policy

by retro77 In reply to Password Policy through G ...

You know that there can only be one password policy per domain right? This is typically found in the Default Domain policy, since that is where it is to start with. Download the GPMC tool from Microsoft for a more visual look at your group policies:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/gpmc/default.mspx

Collapse -

Password Policy

by avasile In reply to Password Policy

I wasn't aware of that. I know thatw e have the default domain policy setup to 140 days but as I said it still hapens. So if I create a separate policy and aplly it to a OU it will not work?
Thank you,
Adrian

Collapse -

Password expiration policy on OU

by klewis In reply to Password Policy

Nope, you cannot set a password expiration policy successfully on an OU, at least until you deploy server 2008 and the new AD :).

Please visit our website at http://www.sysoptools.com and go to the Support page, scroll down. We have some excellent white papers including two from Microsoft which discuss the domain password policy settings in detail, and how they work in the 2003 Active Directory.
These whitepapers should help you find and resolve any issues.

It may be that you are not truly setting the policy in the 'default domain policy'.

If you open your AD Users and computers MMC are you right-clicking the domain.com name, selecting Properties, Group Policy tab, then edit?

That is the correct place to edit your default domain policy.

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Software Forums