General discussion

PC Anywhere 9.21

By mpolenav ·
Hello:

I am running into a problem with file transfer with PCAW 9.21, on a Windows NT 4.0 machine. The user profile being used when first dialing into the host is very much locked down. While trying to transfer files while logged in as this profile, I do not see any drives, and the "My Computer" icon appears as a folder. It is necessary for me to log on as the admin profile, in order to transfer files to the host. The "My Computer, and Network Neighborhood" icons still look like folders, but I am able to see the directory structure when clicking on them. What makes this more frustrating, is out of the blue, without any warning, sometimes when dialing in, I am able to see the drives while logged in as the locked down profile, and cantransfer files without logging on as admin, however, this only happens once in a blue moon. I am using PCAW authentication when dialing in. The remote is using PCAW 10.5. I thought maybe this had to do with a version mismatch, so I have tried dialing into the 9.21 machine using both 8.0 and 9.21, with the same results. Can someone tell me what is going on, or if there is a way around this, so I can dial in and transfer files without logging on as admin account. I appreciate the help in advance.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

PC Anywhere 9.21

by EDSDave In reply to PC Anywhere 9.21

In pcAnywhere under FILE, Application Options, and the Host Operation tab see that the Video Mode selection matches on both computers being used. On the Remote Operation tab check to see that options also match.

Back to Software Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)