General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

PC HANGING TOO! HELP

by kay-zar ·

I had my PC stored in my trunk of my car for about a month after seting up my pc and turning it on.boot up is good but when it loads windows to start up it just gives me blank screen.i tried re installing windows and gave me same problem. it only run on the first part of the installation after it copies all the files it needs from the Cd sfter the the normal reboot in the install process and shows me a blank blue screen everything stops and hangs there. i tried several diff hard drives even the blank reformated ones

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Probably a hardware issue.

by bart777 ·

In reply to PC HANGING TOO! HELP

If you can strip the machine down to a bare minimum of extra cards. Just have the Motherboard and a video card. See if it will continue then.

If it’s still hosed try a different video card. If that fails get a new MB.

Best of luck

Ok, I have to ask…

by boxfiddler ·

where in the name of common sense did you ever get the idea that the trunk of your car is a good place to store your PC?

edit: sorry about the double-post, must have brushed that darn touchpad while correcting some terminiology.

Ok, I have to ask…

by boxfiddler ·

where in the name of all that is reasonable did you ever get the idea that the trunk of your car is a good place to store your PC?

edit: sorry about the double-post, must have brushed that darn touchpad while correcting some terminiology.

Suggestion

by deepsand ·

Try the “Questions” forum; the “Discussion” forum is for matters of general discussion, not specific problems in search of a solution.

Post problems such as this to the “Question” forum, rather than the “Discussion” forum. There are those who specifically seek out problems in need of a solution, and that’s where they go to look for such.

Additionally there are the benefits that:

1) The “Questions” forum provides for your feedback, by way of your being able to mark “helpful” responses as such. This does not necessarily mean that a given response contained the complete solution to your problem, but only that it served to guide you toward it. This is intended to serve as an aid to those who may in the future have a problem similar to yours, so that they might have a ready source of reference available, thereby perhaps obviating the need for them to repeat questions previously asked and answered.

2) The revised TR makes it quite difficult to find both “Discussions” and “Questions” that have not had a fairly recent post, owing to some functions comingling them in the listings. By keeping each type in their respective forums, it is easier for all to find what they are looking for.

Merry Christmas to you deepsand…

by boxfiddler ·

In reply to Suggestion

and a Happy, Healthy New Year to boot.

Christmas brought me pneumonia; healthy by New Year remains to be seen.

by deepsand ·

In reply to Merry Christmas to you deepsand…

Nonetheless, best wishes to you and yours.

May the Future Be Kind.

Sorry to hear that.

by boxfiddler ·

In reply to Christmas brought me pneumonia; healthy by New Year remains to be seen.

Get Well Soon!

Well, if I could just get the damned refrigerator off of my chest, …

by deepsand ·

In reply to Sorry to hear that.

and get out some ice for my Scotch, I’d probably feel a whole lot better!

Thanks for the kind words.

Those damn refrigerators…

by boxfiddler ·

In reply to Well, if I could just get the damned refrigerator off of my chest, …

just jump right on top of you when you’re not looking. 😉

Seriously though, a company called Traditional Medicinals makes some helpful herb teas. We use them a lot around here. Breathe Easy is a good one. We have other favs, but that one is kinda nice when it’s tough to breathe. We get them at most local health food stores, Whole Foods, Wild Oats.

Home

It’s not the breathing that’s a problem, but the sharp pains in the .

by deepsand ·

In reply to Those damn refrigerators…

ribs in general, and the sternum in particular, whenever I move my rib cage, even to turn my head.

The nasal congestion is no worse than usual, owing to chronic sinusitis; the chest congestion, though, is a different story, contributing, as it does, to the aforementioned chest pains.

At least there is the consolation that this shall pass, one way or the other; live or die, it will end. Personally, I’m betting heavily on the former.

Sounds Like

by the scummy one ·

your video card is loose or bad.
      Probably from the temperature extremes while being stowed away in the trunk of a car (or excess moisture).

In any event, pull it apart and make sure everything is snug. Double check your video card and RAM.
      If it continues, replace the video card as it cannot display above 256 color mode.

Now, to mention, please post questions in the questions forum. Many good tech’s only stay there, and do not check discussions often, if at all.

Viewing 4 reply threads