General discussion

Persistent drive mappings....

By geciezki ·
I am having a problem with drive mappings. I cannot get rid of drive mappings once I log on to a local PC that is off our network. Our drive are mapped via log in scripts when we log into our domain. That all works fine. But if I log off from our network and work off line, at home or away from the office, when i open My computer all the drives are listed and they show they are disconnected. I don't want those to show up. Is there a setting, registry entry or ? that will not remember these drive mappings and just show the C: and drives?

We are Windows XP SP3.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Drive mappings

by christianshiflet In reply to Persistent drive mappings ...

If a logon script is mapping the drives, you could change the script to make the mappings not persistent. For example in a bat file add the switch /persist:no. This will clear the mappings the next time you log off of that Windows session. It will not, however, clear the mappings if you just disconnect from the domain or LAN. You could also add a logon script to your domain account or organizational unit in Active Directory to clear all network mappings when you log off.

Back to Hardware Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  

Hardware Forums