General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Peter Spande- your hopes for this community are not in vain!

by tig2 ·

Peter Spande has been the “leader dawg” of the band of ruffians known as TR for the last two years. He has chosen to move along- see http://tinyurl.com/enpyx

And my MANY thanks to RockSolid!

Peter- as the leader of the Pink Ribbon Brigade, I was so very touched- not only by your support- but by your personal message when I finished the walk. You will be a name I wear in the 2007 walk. I cannot thank you enough. I hope that you can join me again as I walk 60 miles to Change Lives in 2007. I will look for you…

Peter Spande has been a part of what makes Tech Republic great. I would like to think he is watching this launch with great hope. Perhaps I am silly- I have often said so…

Regardless of what you think of the “new” TR, please join me in toasting this “member who never was”, the leader of the TR pack– Peter Spande.

Peter, we wish you the very best success in your new world. Our world will be so much less without you. Godspeed!

Edited- of course

Edited again beacuse I WANT folks to know that Peter is leaving us. HAL!!! over here!

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Edited out

by ontheropes ·

In reply to Peter Spande- your hopes for this community are not in vain!

Edited out

Never forgotten

by tig2 ·

In reply to Edited out

Always thankful.

Thanks. I knew you would understand.

Always appreciate help from a friend…

Pete’s the best

by stephen howard-sarin ·

CMP really did a number on us in stealing away Pete Spande. They got a great person. His love for TR was deeply felt, and when he got the chance to directly manage the operation last year, it was a dream come true.

But all the little bugs in this redesign? All his idea.

ALL the little bugs?

by tig2 ·

In reply to Pete’s the best

Unless he wanted to keep us on our toes.

He was looking for a way to invigourate us. The MS sheeple are too integrated and the balance, not challenged.

I LOVE Apotheon’s statement that as professionals we seek to put ourselves out of work- because we have solved all the problems (I hope I am not mis-quoting TOO bad here!)

Anyone who has had to manage change to the end user (US!) has had to deal with issues. Do they need to publish a FAQ? Yep and I am trying to do that. But I need the help of everyone affected to keep the thread alive. Find it at http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=102&threadID=202262

If you find something new, POST IT THERE!!!

At the end of the day, we are people trying to help people. Like the new design or hate it, we are trying to cope.

Don’t discount a single person for trying. Say No? Sure. The bugs will be worked out.

Peter was amazed at what this community could- and WOULD do. He saw the proof in August when I asked to turn TR PINK in support of Breast Cancer Awareness. I truly believe that was a watershed moment for him- he never believed it could happen but it DID.

On his watch. Amazing!

The bugs will resolve, the annoyances fade. We will lose some and others will take their place. It is hard to say what the final impact will be.

I can only hope and pray we all weather the storm.

Edited because I missed a letter. Sorry…

What can I say?

by hal 9000 ·

Peter will be missed and I wish him all the best in his new endeavours. Though that doesn’t mean that I will not kick the crutches out from under him for deserting us all here at TR. :^0

[b]No Seriously Peter You Will Be Missed[/b] and I hope your new position is everything and more that you are hoping for.

Now I’m going to have and [b]Cry Myself to Sleep[/b] with Peter gone who’s going to keep me in line when I step on someones toes? :0

[b]But Best of Luck Mate[/b] Peter you will be missed here as you have been a driving force behind TR for a long time now and they’ve got an [b]Excellent Man at a Bargain Basement Price[/b] no matter how much they are paying you it isn’t enough! I hope you can keep in touch.

And if you can’t here is my last instruction to you [b]Have a Very Merry Christmas and and Extremely Happy New Year![/b] But most importantly [b]Enjoy Yourself no matter what you do.[/b]

Regards

Colin

[i]Edited[/i] CUS I can now which is something that wasn’t possible all that long ago. Tig thanks for the heads up I would have hated to miss the departure of Peter without being able to wish him the best for his future.

Although life if full of change

by jdclyde ·

may all yours be for the best.

Good luck in the new challenge.

jd

Does he get to keep…

by dawgit ·

His TR Gold Card?
      Now he can TR like the rest of us non-insiders. I sure hope he sticks around with ‘us’. -Or, it just won’t be the same. oh, poo.
      Best of luck to you Peter. -dawgit

Good Luck!

by maecuff ·

I wish you the best.

He’s definitely watching …

by jasonhiner ·

TiggerTwo – I know that Pete is definitely watching. He cares about what he built here and wants to see his work come to fruition. As much as anyone in the organization, Pete always believed that TechRepublic is a great product based on a great community. He’s got great passion for TR and for life. Thanks for your post.

Jason

So Jason

by hal 9000 ·

In reply to He’s definitely watching …

Are we going to get to throw Peter a Virtual Good by Party?

Or will it just be the staff of TR who get that advantage?

Col

Don’t know about TR

by tig2 ·

In reply to So Jason

But this was as close as I could get.

Peter will be missed. He should know that. We should tell him.

Oh wait- we are.

Tig it doesn’t hurt to reinforce it a little

by hal 9000 ·

In reply to Don’t know about TR

:p

Thanks guys

by peter spande ·

Of course I’m still coming to the site and watching. I’ve been in the weeds for a while with the new job but I’ll continue to lurk about in the forums.

Thanks for the kind words. I was part of a great team at TR and I enjoyed every minute. Now, I can come and enjoy the site as a civilian.

This should be fun – Hey Jay, where’s the spell checker?

No that’s wrong Peter

by hal 9000 ·

In reply to Thanks guys

It should read [b]Spool Chocker and Crammer Fixer![/b] :^0

Best wishes Mate & I hope you are enjoying the new job.

Col

SPOOL CHOCKER and CRAMMR FXR!!!

by jaqui ·

In reply to No that’s wrong Peter

Ya got the last part wrong. 😉

Viewing 7 reply threads