General discussion

Planet Router - Executing telnet remote reboot

By Nokoff ·
Hi there, i found a post on this forum indicating how to reboot a router remotely via telnet and began doing some research. I need to reboot my router too, only it's a Planet VPN Router. The login page is a .asp page. When I try to access it via windows' telnet application -> 'o 192.168.0.1', it just says that a connection could not be established. Now I've tried using TST10, but the script just executes, and does nothing basically so I'm not even sure if it can successfully login as the windows closes as soon as it's done. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

this is the closest thing to my router i could find:

http://www.planet.com.tw/product/product_dm.php?product_id=267&menu_id=15

it looks to me that it does not have telnet support fullstop. is there any way to automate the login and reboot process without using telnet? again, this is a big problem, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Linden

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

router

by SypherSoul(sp) In reply to Planet Router - Executing ...

try using hyperterminal with a console cable. hypherterminal is in windows under accessories and communications

Collapse -

HTTP automation.

by Nokoff In reply to Planet Router - Executing ...

I've managed to make some progress since my last post. I've managed to successfully connect to the router using "curl". Now I need to send a POST message to the router to "press" the apply button in order for it to reboot. When you push the button in the browser it pulls up a javascript confirmation and then executes the reboot with the "reset_flag=1" parameter. I'll post the script and everything I know here a bit later.

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Software Forums