Question

• Creator
    Topic

Please suggest me the good models of HDD for my PC (1 to 2 TB)

by kt_15887 ·

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
    Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name
    System Manufacturer INTEL_
    System Model DH61WW__
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz, 3101 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Intel Corp. BEH6110H.86A.0016.2011.0118.1128, 1/18/2011
    SMBIOS Version 2.6
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = “6.1.7601.17514”
    User Name
    Time Zone
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 3.41 GB
    Available Physical Memory 2.09 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 6.82 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 5.12 GB
    Page File Space 3.41 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Clarifications

by kt_15887 ·

In reply to Please suggest me the good models of HDD for my PC (1 to 2 TB)

Clarifications

You wanna know which brand of HDD to buy?

by slayer_ ·

A hopeless request, they are all equally bad. Just make sure you can get warranty if you spend lots of money on one.

WD, Toshiba and Transcend HDD are good.

by republic00kayla ·

WD, Toshiba and Transcend HDD are good.

Agree completely with Slayer_…

by smartacew0lf ·

Anyone with any serious brand loyalty in this equipment is soon to be in for a a sad awakening. Warranty as stated by Slayer_ is the largest selling factor outside of size and performance.

One final consideration that has become essential with regard to the purchase of a new computer or replacement hard drive is BACKUP! Given the prospect of replacing any drive -no matter the brand, and no matter age of the technology- more so than ever before, backup should be forefront in completing this and should remain first in your considerations from here out.

This is not to claim that backing everything up hasn’t needed to be primary in your computer tasks before. It has always been one that should be of top consideration. That said, it has been one that has been overlooked with less consequence than that of neglecting it in todays tech. So do yourself a favor and honor the time it has taken for me to point this out. You will thank me later. 😉

Viewing 3 reply threads