General discussion

POWER ON PASSWORD SATELLITE A55-S3062

By awagh ·
I have my own laptop repair center and i have received a toshiba satellite which has a power on password. I would like to remove it. Can anyone help? I stay in the middle east so i can't access password cracking sites coz they are blocked. Waiting for a solution.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by JamesRL In reply to POWER ON PASSWORD SATELLI ...

You may have to defer to a Toshiba Authorised repair centre. The last time I have seen this kind of problem, and called Toshiba, they directed me to my vendor - who had a technician onsite. They do not let the method out.

James

Collapse -

new info on old post

by justagallopin In reply to

I am working on A55 sat and know the password but bios wont clear it, nor even reset it to just hitting the enter key. Typically on these there are two places on the mobo under the memory boards that have to be shorted with power on to clear cmos, and the password.
Using the Toshiba control panel is easiest if it works and you know the old pword.

Collapse -

by dustyD In reply to POWER ON PASSWORD SATELLI ...

What was your solution to the IBM password question you asked in February and did not rate or close?

Cracking utilities are usually pretty small. You could get someone to email it to you.

Collapse -

by Blackcurrant In reply to POWER ON PASSWORD SATELLI ...
Collapse -

by daniel.farr In reply to POWER ON PASSWORD SATELLI ...

Depending on your knowledge of the Satellite set up look to the motherboard for a jumper normally signalled by PWD. These can be removed or byepassed but this is not the most simple solution. The machine needs to be turned on with the jumper removed or byepassed it will ask you to set the PWD again just hit enter to allow the user to do it (leaving PWD blank) replace the jumper and you should be away. Note do not try and byepass the jumper if you are not 100% sure of what you are doing. motherboard maps are normally available online.

Alternively just aks the person who sent it to you hopefully they should know there own password, if they dont I would not repair it, but check with Toshiba if it is stolen.

Regards

Collapse -

hi

by moji1347 In reply to POWER ON PASSWORD SATELLI ...

hi

could help me please I havd just like you problem with my laptop of password ?

many thans

Back to Desktop Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)