General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Printer IP Addresses

by spank ·

Does anyone out there know of a script or utility that will scan the network and give me a complete list of printer IP addresses, MAC Address and Printer Names? I have a VBS script that does the same for PCs but stops after a few entries into the list. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Printer IP Addresses

by ninet4 ·

In reply to Printer IP Addresses

There is a really good utility you can get from download.com. It is called LANGuard network scanner. It is a little more than you are looking for, but it will take care of your printers too.

Printer IP Addresses

by spank ·

This is a GREAT utility. Thanks for your help.

Printer IP Addresses

by vmeena ·

Chris

If your are using any Canon MFD’s on the network, it comes with a utility called NetSpot Consol which runs on an IIS server.

It goes out and hunts for printing devices on the network and used industry standard SNMP ans MIB to get statusinformation including non Canon devices. This gives you a complete list of all the printers, mac addresses, names, ip addresses etc.

There’s also a non web version of NetSpot.

Printer IP Addresses

by rob ·

I use HP Web Jetadmin. I have a 106 printers on the network, most or HP with some Canon, Lexmark and IP printer/copiers. You put in the the IP range and Jet Admin will scan the network for the printer and give you a list. You can modify the list as to what you want to see. IP address, MAC address, serial #, printer names, status of the printer, etc. After all the printer are added in Web Jet Admin you can setup monitoring to notify you by email when a printer has a error, anything from outof paper, paper jam to device errors, you pick. If you have different sites or departments you can set groups up and let other admins into the group for there area. It’s a great utility you should try it. email me if you have any questions.

Printer IP Addresses

by spank ·

This question was closed by the author

Viewing 3 reply threads