Question

problem during working with word 2003 templates

By mirzonisa ·
OK, first of all,thanks for at least reading my post,and thinking about my specific problem...When I create word 2003 template,and save it as any normal name,for example test,with extension .dot( test.dot), once when I open template,and save it as a working .doc file( for example newfile.doc),no mater if I change something or not, he asks me if I want to save changes,but in test.dot, not in my regular file, newfile.doc!!! And this continues,even if I change location of file,from one folder to another,or even from one disk,on same PC,to another...so,any ideas???I'm using windows XP SP3 pro(upgraded during the solving process from SP2)and office 2003 pro, with SP3 (also upgraded from SP1)...thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

This is normal behavior............

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to problem during working wi ...

Any time you open a document of one type and do a Save As, it actually has two documents open, one behind the other, and will ask you if you want to save changes to the original when it's closed.

Instead of opening the .DOT file first and doing a SAVE AS, try starting Word, then do a FILE -> NEW from template stored on your computer (menu on right side of screen). This copies the template (and settings) into a new .DOC file where you can then just do a regular SAVE and the question will disappear.

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)