Question

Problem loading microsoft office compatibility pack for Office 2007

By tjaffe ·
I have successfully loaded the compatibility pack on some computers using a 2003 version of Windows, but I am running into difficulties on two computers that use "MS Windows XP Pro version 2002 with SP2 installed" and Office XP which has word 2002 and SP3 installed). After downloading the compatibility pack (FileFormatConverter.exe) and running it, I get an error messages stating "Compatibility Pack for 2007 office System cannot be installed on this computer. The compatibility pack requires Microsoft Windows 2000 Service pack4, Microsoft windows server 2003 or Microsoft windows XP service Pack 1". As I mentioned above, I already have SP3 installed. Just to be on the safe side, I tried downloading SP1 and SP3 again. The compatibility pack still does not install. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Problem loading MS Compatibility Pack for Office 2007

by IT user In reply to Problem loading microsoft ...

I have the same problem. Please let me know if there's a solution for this.

Thanks

Collapse -

You are getting things wrong here

by OH Smeg In reply to Problem loading microsoft ...

The Service packs required are for Windows not Office these are 2 different Service packs for different products.

So to install the 2007 Compatibility Pack on a XP computer running Office XP you must have at the very least Windows Service Pack 1 Installed for Windows not Office.

Currently on a XP machine I have Office XP installed and have added SP3 for Office and SP3 for Windows and the Compatibility Pack installs without problems. You need to update Windows here not Office to be able to install the Compatibility Pack for Office.

Col

Collapse -

Here is what worked for me

by Virtual Tech In reply to Problem loading microsoft ...

Here is what worked for me. Not quite the same problem, as mine would silently fail the install. But see if it works.
http://www.virtualtechsupport.ca/index.php/2010/04/28/compatibility-pack-for-the-office-2007-system-will-not-install/

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Hardware Forums