General discussion

Problem of office2000 in win2k

By imranmcse ·
Every time in my network when a new user logs on a message Preparing to install appear again and again and slowing down the performance of win2k how can i prevent it.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by jpt In reply to Problem of office2000 in ...

What type of OS are you running. I see this all the time running Windows 2000. Basically each time a new user logs onto a different machine there are a few settings that have to be set up. You have to set up the Outlook email, add printers, etc.With Windows 2000, each user has his own desktop (unless otherwise)so windows wants each user to configure the computer for that users needs. This should only happen the first time the user logs onto the machine. There may be a way around it if you enable roaming profiles.

Good Luck.

Collapse -

by imranmcse In reply to Problem of office2000 in ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by shmaltz In reply to Problem of office2000 in ...

If you use the same software on those computers use roaming profiles that way they will just import thier settings from the computer they where loged on before.
The slow has to do b/c each time a new user logs on to windows windows checks to see ifthere is a profile for that user if there isnt one windows creates a new profile this forces office to reconfigure all the user side settings.

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)