General discussion

Problem with Access 2000

By paul.e.clifford ·
On a two station network running Access 2000, the remote station suddenly has gotten the message cannot find file. The network is operating fine. The remote station can see the file but can't open it. If you copy the file to a new location the remote station can now open it again. When the station with the file on its disk opens the file the remote station can still open it, but after the host station closes the file, the remote station can no longer open it until it is again moved. Both systems have all updates for Win XP and Office 2k. I also duplicated the problem on two other systems running Office 2K. I did find out that by moving the file to another system running Office 2003 the problem isn't there, but that system isn't available where the problem exists. This does not happen in Word or Excell. They function normally. I also tried it with another Access file and the same thing happens. Help!

PC

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Re:Problem with Access 2000

by marius_baciu In reply to Problem with Access 2000

Have you checked the file/folder permissions to see if they somehow changed during the file operations?

Collapse -

RE: Problem with Access 2000

by paul.e.clifford In reply to Re:Problem with Access 20 ...

Yes, I even started a new folder with full permissions. Same thing happens there. Remember, all I have to do is copy the file to another location and it works fine until the Host system opens it. I can even copy it back to the original folder and it will work fine until the Host system opens it. I think one of Microsoft's Updates did it in.

PC

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)