General discussion

Problem with Dialup & AS/400 Sessions

By sbrewer ·
Client calls and says that they can use their network fine and have an AS/400 terminal session running as well as a drive mapped to a server on their network. When they dial-out to check their email (they use MSN or something) their AS/400 session goes black and when they try to save attachments to their server share they have for user files, they get an error that they can't talk to the server (I'm paraphrasing here...) What do you think happened? How would you fix it? What questions mightyou ask?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by sbrewer In reply to Problem with Dialup & AS/ ...

Point value changed by question poster.

Collapse -

by jaystar In reply to Problem with Dialup & AS/ ...

This one stinks of dial-up networking changing the default gateway. I will assume that the as/400 and the server may not be on the same segment IP as the client. If this is true, you need to add a static route to your network into the routing table of the client machine. This should eliminate the problem with the path to host being changed.

Hope this helps. If you need help with the commands, please E-mail me, I'll be glad to help out.

Jay Starling

Collapse -

Correct!!! The routing table entry needs to be in a batch file that runs each time on
Windows 98 OR under NT/2000 you can make permanent changes that last through
a reboot.

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Collapse -

This one stinks of dial-up networking changing the default gateway. I will assume that the as/400 and the server may not be on the same segment IP as the client. If this is true, you need to add a static route to your network into the routing table of the client machine. This should eliminate the problem with the path to host being changed.

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Operating Systems Forums