General discussion

Problem with PB7.0 and Sql Server2000

By sairam_p ·
We have a network with 8 clients and the Operating system is Windows 2000 server and the client’s operating system is windows 2000 Professional and installed Power Builder 7.0 and Back end as SQL Server 2000.We developed the application in PB7.The Database is connected from the server to clients using NAMED PIPES. The connection is tested and working properly. Our Server configuration is Pentium 3 with 10GB HDD(scasii) and 512MB Ram. It has 3 partitions. C, D and E. The space on C has 1.80GB and on D has 1.30GB and E has 2.10 GB. All client machines having more than 128MB Ram.I have installed the Application in all clients. Sometimes when they are going to open the application, the application is hanging and the other network resources working properly. Means copying the data from one PC to another etc…And other thing is the login on all at the clients has same username and password to windows 2000 server. Is there any problem with this clients login???

Our Database size is 90 MB. Only the application is giving trouble to us. The application contains 2 transaction windows at the opening event. I have disabled one window. Each window has 3 dropdowns. When the opening time the 3 dropdowns data will store into buffer.
The actual problem is coming at the open event of this transaction windows. The application is hanging there and we are unable to go further. At that time of hanging we are stopping the MS SQL SERVER SERVICE and restarts the same. After this the application is working properly…Almost every day we are facing the Problem. Sometimes it will give problem 3 to 4 times in day…and I have seen the Task Manger the CPU Usage is not reaching the 100% at the time of hanging.
I am unable to find out the problem, is it in the database tables or Indexes of the tables or the ODBC connection or the transaction window code??????
kindly send me the solution as early as p

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Back to Networks Forum
0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)