General discussion

Problems installing Win2000 Pro

By Mozster ·
I have a X86 machine with 3 primary partitions setup on a single drive.
The first 2 partitions run XP and Win 98 respectively and using the Bootmagic CD I can mark the partition active and then boot into it no problem at all and run the respective OS.

On the 3rd partition I format for NTFS, mark it active and boot into it as I want to install Windows 2000 Professional.
Windows 2000 installs from its boot CD and copies all the files to the active partition. When Win2K then reboots itself to continue the GUI part of its setup it just sits with a cursor flashing in the top left hand side of the screen.
I can see the WINNT folder in the partition along with the boot.ini and NTLOADER files at a recovery mode level though.

I'm not sure if this is a WIN2K installation problem or its to do with there being other partitions (although they're hidden and not marked as being active) on the same drive.
Anyone any ideas?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by shuja52 In reply to Problems installing Win20 ...

WIN 2K Professional?, just do not make the said partition active, why are u doing so?

It is advisable to first install WIN2K and then WINXP or install WIN 2K from the WINXP or fromWIN 98

Collapse -

by Mozster In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by Mozster In reply to Problems installing Win20 ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)