General discussion

Problems with NIS 2005

By PreachA ·
I can't for my life get rid of all the Norton Internet Security 2005 files. I have tried all the reg, temp, shared and program files. And it is still running with the background processes. I might need a program to remove the files running in the background. But I don't know of a spy-ware free program. And I tried in safe mode too. Can someone please help me?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Try Technical Q&A forum; & more info. needed.

by deepsand In reply to Problems with NIS 2005

This is a tech. problem, in search of a solution.

It properly belongs in "Technical Q&A," not in "Discussions." Please re-post there.

Not only will you be more likely to attract the attention of those seeking to provide answers, but you will also make it easier for those seeking discussions to find such.

You'll need to also include more detail; e.g.:

1) Did you do the un-install using the program supplied by Symantec, and invokable via the Command Panel or an equivalent, or di you try to do it manually? If the latter, re-install NIS & then un-install via the intended avenue. If the former, seek aid from Symantec.

2) How have you determined that the process still running is in fact the real NIS? There are various items of malware that masquerade as NAV.

3) Identify the specific processes, by name, that you are seeking to eradicate.

Let me know when you've re-posted to Q&A, after having addressed the above; I'll see you there.

Back to Security Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)