General discussion

problems with Windows 2000 professional

By csw ·
I have three machines, two desktops and one laptop. All are running 2000 Professional.
All 3 have the same 'trouble'. I'm running Norton SystemWorks 2001 on all three also. I added this hoping to 'fix' the following problem. No fix,
Several times a week on each machine the systems freezes without an error message. Most often when you go to move the mouse but before you can 'click' on any item. You can't ctrl-alt-del to task manager. You must hit reset! I have applied the windows critical updates. but still have the problem.
All three are using TCP/IP over LAN and modem. Two have Intel pentium processors, one has Athlon.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by SFHSGrad00 In reply to problems with Windows 200 ...

It's hard to determine where the problem(s) lie in Win2000 because it's a new operating system and ther are still a lot of bugs that haven't been worked out. I am running Windows 2000 Pro on my laptop and I am constantly running into similar problems. Try to reinstall it and see if that helps. Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you.

Collapse -

by csw In reply to problems with Windows 200 ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by SFHSGrad00 In reply to problems with Windows 200 ...

It's hard to determine where the problem(s) lie in Win2000 because it's a new operating system and ther are still a lot of bugs that haven't been worked out. I am running Windows 2000 Pro on my laptop and I am constantly running into similar problems. Try to reinstall it and see if that helps. Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you.

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)