id="info"

Question

Quickbooks Pro 2010

By jchangcccs ·
Hi, everyone

I just heard the Quickbooks 2010 is on the market now, thinking of upgrade from existing QB Pro 2002. Would like to know if anyone has been using QB 2010, and how do you like it.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

lot more bells and whistles

by mike In reply to Quickbooks Pro 2010

You have not really qualified your question. Are you going to use multi or single user. Which machine are you going to laod it on (a server or workstation, standalone or networked) It has gotten better and better each year but if you have not used it since 2002 version, there are alot more restrictions that weren't there before. As a program, you can't beat it just be careful as to which way you are installing it. I have used it both ways and also have run it on terminal server and in virtual mode too. Best bet is to not load on a server but point the data to a server. If users have trouble in this method, rerun Quickbooks manager to relocate the QBW's or make sure the QBWs reside on the C:\ root of the server instead of a mapped or alternative drive.

Collapse -

More information

by jchangcccs In reply to lot more bells and whistl ...

Hi, Mike;
Thanks for your response.
We're now using QB pro 2002 multiple users installed on Win2000 workstaions networked.
Will buy 2 new WinXP Pro SP3 Workstation to install the QB2010 on, not to load on a server, but backup data to a servor end of every workday.
My main concern is transfering existing data from QB 2002 mode onto QB2010 system smoothly. I myself don't work on QB at all, but I'm the only one in the office that has some PC experience. All advices and suggestion are wellcomed and appreciated.

Collapse -

Check the SPECs....

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to More information

Based on past experience, when you skip a number of years like that, the new version may not open the old QBW file. Then again, it might do a conversion if needed. One never knows until they read the SPECs to see exactly what it can and can't do. There should be warnings if it's unable to open/convert the older files.

Be sure to make a backup COPY of the QBW file itself. Don't rely on being able to 'restore' an older QBB (backup) file, especially to a newer program, should you destroy the original QBW file.

Collapse -

Just like thumbs up says

by mike In reply to More information

I have upgraded 2002 to 2009 so I do not see why it wouldn't go all the way to 10. Make a copy of the qbw. Then create 2 Qbb's. Open one of the Qbb's with the newer version and that should be it. Since you will be running in multi user and saving to a server, you need to install the QB manager on the server. Let is scan the network for the installations on the workstations

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Software Forums