General discussion

Rage Mobility 128 memory upgrade

By drinkmoreslurm ·
I am considering purchasing a Powerbook G4 and wanted to find out if it was possible to upgrade the memory for the ATI Rage Moility 128 graphics card that's included? I found a review of the card and it mentioned there is an expansion slot, but I'mwondering if this is possible given the small confines of the powerbook.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Buzzwang In reply to Rage Mobility 128 memory ...

Generally, if you don't buy any kind of laptop/notebook with the video memory you need, you'll never have it. The video on almost all of these systems is built into the mainboard of the portable, and is almost always not upgradeable.

Also, I would assume that the expansion slot you referred to is for the PCI or ISA card version of the Rage card, not for the portable. Usually these expansion connectors are to add features to the card, like DVD decoding and suc.

Collapse -

by drinkmoreslurm In reply to Rage Mobility 128 memory ...

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by Buzzwang In reply to Rage Mobility 128 memory ...

Generally, if you don't buy any kind of laptop/notebook with the video memory you need, you'll never have it. The video on almost all of these systems is built into the mainboard of the portable, and is almost always not upgradeable.

Also, I would assume that the expansion slot you referred to is for the PCI or ISA card version of the Rage card, not for the portable. Usually these expansion connectors are to add features to the card, like DVD decoding and such.

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Hardware Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)