General discussion

Recover a 30.0GB HDD

By taluts ·
:::::THIS IS VERY URGENT:::::PLEASE HELP:::::

My hard disk is corrupt. Followings are description:

HDD: Quantum Fireball lct 15, 30.0 GB AT Hard disk.

PC: Pentium II, 300 MHZ mechine with 160 MB RAM. An Award wining AMI BIOS, (C) 1997.
HDDPartition: Quantum's Disk Manager installed to use this HD and made four (4) equal partition (may be!) and installed Windows 98 as OS.

Files: All systems files and softweres (90%), including Win98, were installed in drive 'C:' and data files werestored in 'D:.' Softweres, backups and some other files are in drives 'E:' and 'F:'

After displaying windows corrupt message, I was installing Windows98 from the CD-drive in DOS mode, everything was OK. It fininsh installation, reboot for configaration excessories and then want to reboot again. Meanwhile it asked for upgrade partition table with a message that it is using third party softwere (Quantum DM) and I reply 'NO' to this question. And after then HD dose not show anything.

I like to add that I was disabbled NAV2000 virus protection before start SETUP of Win98.

Anybody can help me? I've lost my all official data (and going to loss my job). I've no Backup.

Talut Solaiman
ICDDR,B
taluts@yahoo.com
pubs@icddrb.org

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Recover a 30.0GB HDD

by dmiles In reply to Recover a 30.0GB HDD

Reference the TchRepublic article 200 ways to revive a hard drive,and hopefully you can find some help,there is also Norton's disk doctor that may help.
Hopefully you can recover the data.

Collapse -

Recover a 30.0GB HDD

by taluts In reply to Recover a 30.0GB HDD

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

Recover a 30.0GB HDD

by BuffaloDan In reply to Recover a 30.0GB HDD

this happened because you answered "NO" to the question about upgrading partition. You were in fact using third party partition software. That would be disk manager. In order to maintain the exisiting boot sector/partition table info, you needed to continue to use disk manager.

You may be able to recover this drive with the quantum "disk manager" software. Their are options for repairing a partition with this software. hopefully you still have it around somewhere...

Good luck...

Collapse -

Recover a 30.0GB HDD

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

Recover a 30.0GB HDD

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Hardware Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)