General discussion

Remote format of NT, then install 2000 f

By Razor ·
Heres the rub:
I want to wipe remote servers harddrives for a clean W2K Server install. (Yes, I am backed up and have admin permissions) I wish to script this but can't get the DOS level script to run (no DOS in NT!). If I could just get DOS installed for second, I could wipe the machine and start fresh, but no luck yet.

* What is the best way using script, Ghost, any other tools, that I can wipe NT 4.0 boxes(lots of them) and reimage with W2K? *

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by MCSE Lee In reply to Remote format of NT, then ...

Best solution: build a W2K Server and setup as RIS Server. Use W2k Remote Installation to push installation out to other servers.

Collapse -

by Razor In reply to Remote format of NT, then ...

We are deploying workstations First.
WIN 2000 servers will be deployed after WIN 2000 workstations, so maybe we can set up a special server for this.
Criteria:

Must be wipe and load of harddrive (Not upgrade). We want to ghost the image not use a scripted image. We need unattended installation. Large enterprise of workstations (20 % nt, 80 % win9x);(20 % laptops, 80 % desktops). All desktops are PXE enabled, But very few laptops are PXE enabled. Nt will not let you access the harddrive toghost a new image out from under it. In other words you must boot from a floppy or other dos environment to reimage the machine. How can you boot to Dos on an NT machine (Remotely)?

Back to Windows Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Operating Systems Forums