General discussion

Required Registry error in Access 2000

By cyndeec ·
I found this answered on the MSNKB but only related to a powerpc and orangemicro card. I have neither. THis problem started after I installed MacAfee utilities and cleaned up orphaned files and such. A reinstall, repair upgrade does not fix the problem.
Can anyone help with this.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by mpdcsup In reply to Required Registry error i ...

Can you be more specific about the conditions leading to this error and the context under which it is presented?

Is, "Required Registry" the entirety of the message?

You might be able to recover by completely uninstalling Office 2000, running regclean and installing Office 2000 again -- in general, repairing or upgrading any software exibiting registry problems *doesn't* solve anything because it intends to save user settings (which is often contained in the registry).

Collapse -

by cyndeec In reply to Required Registry error i ...

I am closing this because I found my own answer. Searching through the KB, I found several articles relating to program quitting after starting. For some reason, the key was showing up in the registry but not in the add/remove list in the control panel. i removed the key from the registry and I was able to reinstall with no problems. This time I backed it up before I changed anything.

Collapse -

by cyndeec In reply to Required Registry error i ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)