Question

• Creator
    Topic

SBS 2003 origional sharepoint

by pstoric ·

We have a SBS 2003 server in which the original WSS install is corrupted for whatever reason. I know we can install WSS 3.0 side by side, but will that still work with the original install not functioning properly?

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Clarifications

by pstoric ·

In reply to SBS 2003 origional sharepoint

Clarifications

similar problem

by gate keeper ·

i have the exact same problem … i have just setup a test machine to try it out … post back if it does work for you and so will I.

my mistake was that i wasn’t aware that you aren’t supposed to install WSS 2.0 with WSS 3.0.

and now i cannot even uninstall either.

good luck

done !

by gate keeper ·

I have just got it to work on the test machine and i applied on the production server and WSS 3 service pack 1 is up and running !

———————————————

1- I isntalled “Windows Install cleanup” to forcefully remove the corrupted share point 3.0

2- downloaded and isntalled Microsoft .net framework 3.0 service pack 1

3- ran the WSS 3.0 SP 1 .. got an error related to the Network services account not having enough permissions to activate something … I followed the directions in this forum: http://forums.techarena.in/small-business-server/967295.htm

and it everything suddenly worked.

ps: the error log for WSS 3.0 is of very little value .. refer to the system event log when the install fails.

oh and make sure you install WSS 3.0 SP1 !

Viewing 2 reply threads