Question

SBS2003 upgrade from Standard edition to Premium R2

By rpatton ·
Anybody know of any problems in doing this upgrade. We need ISA server, added to our SBS2003.

I have never done this as an upgrade, I usually do a clean install.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

nothing different

by CG IT In reply to SBS2003 upgrade from Stan ...

just run the install from the premium technologies disc.

Wizards will do all the configuring for you.

Collapse -

Thanks one question

by rpatton In reply to nothing different

Does the ISA software indentify my port info and IP address automatically or do i have to record that first?

Collapse -

not sure your question

by CG IT In reply to Thanks one question

SBS 2003 best practice is to use 2 NICs. One for WAN, one for LAN. If you did not follow the best practice and used only 1 NIC, then you need to install a second NIC.

ISA doesn't automatically configure your NIC. You can either have the WAN NIC obtain IP and DNS addressing automatically from your ISP or if you have a static address assign from the ISP, configure the NIC with those values.

Collapse -

Dynamic IP and DNS addressing on WAN

by CG IT In reply to Thanks one question

SBS 2003 best practice is to use 2 NICs. One for WAN, one for LAN. If you did not follow the best practice and used only 1 NIC, then you need to install a second NIC.

ISA doesn't automatically configure your NIC. You can either have the WAN NIC obtain IP and DNS addressing automatically from your ISP or if you have a static address assign from the ISP, configure the NIC with those values.

Collapse -

Yes I have a WAN and a LAN Nic

by rpatton In reply to Thanks one question

The WAN has the IP, DNS, and Default gateway defines. I was concerned anout the proxy set up does it change, or will the port still be 8080?

Do i need to configer each workstation with proxy server? The SBS 2000 version required this.

Collapse -

sbs does it for you

by techsupport In reply to Yes I have a WAN and a LA ...

You won't have to change a thing at the workstations. Just have your users restart there machines after you make the change and they won't know the difference.

Collapse -

techsupport is right

by CG IT In reply to sbs does it for you

the wizard configures everything for you.

note: Install the ISA server firewall client program on clients.

Back to Networks Forum
8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Hardware Forums