Question

Sending emails in OL2003 to groups of people...

By mbecker908 ·
I frequently get emails that are obviously addressed to a group, but with only one email address. I also get emails addressed to me that I know are sent to many people but have only my name in the "To:" field.

Is there any way in OL2003 to send mail to groups without buying specific software and without using bcc.

Thanks for your help.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Yes.......

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to Sending emails in OL2003 ...

In Outlook - > Contacts view, click New, then select Distribution List. Inside of the new distribution list, give it a name and click Select Members. Once done selecting, click Save and Close (or OK). Next time you want to send to that group of people, select the distribution list.

Now, as far as hiding everybody else's address so they only see their own address and not the rest, these emails are being generated by custom programming, probably web based, which generates one email per person (i.e. sends lots of individual emails, not just one to a group of people). To the best of my knowledge, that can't be done in Outlook without using Mail Merge and sending to individuals based on names in a spreadsheet/database. Of course, you can always export your Contact list to a spreadsheet, pull groups of people into individual sheets and do it that way.

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)