General discussion

Server 2003 file and dir. permissions.

By rdyoung54 ·
I have obtained a server at work with Microsoft Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition as the operating system but seem to be having problems setting up shares correctly. I am utilizing this server running a financial application that's maintained on an Air Force base where my employment currently is. I want to copy the application files from my older NT 4.0 server to the new one and share it so base member can access to run the program. I would appreciate any assistance in the matter.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Omnicef In reply to Server 2003 file and dir. ...

What exactly is the problem? Is it the fact that the share is read only no matter what NTFS permissions you give? Try changing the share permissions.

Collapse -

by rdyoung54 In reply to Server 2003 file and dir. ...

Sorry it took so long to get back but I want to be able to allow Base personnel run a financial application from my server. I see the "everyone group" having read access but need something like "authenicated users" with change permission to allow it to be run. The client is installed on their machine and the application files on my server along with a shortcut to run the program in their "Start In" on the desktop shortcut.

Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)