id="info"

General discussion

Sharing Calendar in Outlook 2003 without exchange

By deerek11 ·
Hello all, I know I think I have done this in the past but can't recall how I did it, is there a way in outlook 2003 in a workgroup envirment with out a excange server to share contacts and calendar ??

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Knarf_k In reply to Sharing Calendar in Outlo ...

Depending on the level of sharing that you would like to achieve, I once solved a similar problem to that by utilizing the ?Free/busy? options under the Calendar Options in Outlook. It worked in a domain environment by pointing the publish and search locations to a shared address such as ?file://servername.domainname/fb$/%NAME%.vbf ? but would work in a workgroup environment just as well assuming that the proper share folder was being access by all users. This solution only indicated weather or not an individual has a calendar item for a given time, it dose not give any details on the particular appointment. More information can be found through Microsoft Article ID: 827775.

For the contacts issue I would look at third party apps such as slipstick.

Hope this helps.

Collapse -

by russellrl2 In reply to Sharing Calendar in Outlo ...

If you did it in the past and it worked, do the following. Right click the folder Mailbox - username and select properties. Click on the permission tab and add the user/users and give them the appropriate permssion. At this point they cannot open anything - you have just invited them in. Now select Calendar - right click - select properties. Do the same thing you did above. Now you have just give them permission to access the calendar and only the calendar.

Collapse -

by Lord Foul In reply to Sharing Calendar in Outlo ...

Its a 2-step process.
1)From the Proxy (authors)terminal
a)Tools > Options > Delegates > Add (add the people you want to see your calendar etc...)
b)Apply permissions as required, eg Editor, Author, Reviewer etc
c)Click OK
d)Right mouse click on [Name] Mailbox > Sharing:
e)Add (select name from list and choose appropriate permissions)
f)Go into each separate folder in the Mailbox and repeat steps (d) and (e).
2)From the Delegates terminal
a)Tools > Email Accounts > View or Change Existing Account > Change
b)More Settings > Advanced > Add [Proxy?s name] and click Apply > OK
c)File > Open > Open Other User?s Folder
d)Add [Proxy?s name] and click OK.

Lord Foul

Collapse -

Question about Outlook Calendar netwotworking

by jprescott In reply to Sharing Calendar in Outlo ...

Hi: I saw your question on here and was wondering if you ever recv'd a response on how to network Outlook Calendar without an exchange server? If so, can you share how to do it?

Thanks,
Jennifer

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Software Forums