General discussion

SIS530 chipset pc100 mainboard

By zlitocook ·
Pulled an old computer out of the closet set it up fine but do not know the maker. I need the pinout for connecting the power switch, reset and the rest of the connectors. I am setting this up for the fatherinlaw. I looked on the web for hours, pcchips, microtel, pc100 ect. Went to motherboards.org and too many other sites to list. I found the jumper to turn on the computer, and have the hdd light on, power light comes on when switched on but goes out. I have seen software that will tell you the MB maker but can not find it know.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by zlitocook In reply to SIS530 chipset pc100 main ...

There are no markings on the MB and the FCC is wording is there but not the ID number. I have the driver cd but there is only drivers on it. The pinout is around 23, one has no pin and I can read kblock, hdd led on one side but there is nothing elseto go by. Next time I keep all manuals!

Collapse -

by TheChas In reply to SIS530 chipset pc100 main ...

You can find the software at www.wimsbios.com

However, if you can't identify the board from the BIOS string when it boots, I don't know if the software will do much for you.

FIC built a number of boards with the SIS chipset, so that may be another source.

It is also possible that what you have is an OEM motherboard.
If so, your best hope is to identify who made the original system, and see if you can find support information at their web site.

Another option, is the PCI utility at this site
http://members.datafast.net.au/dft0802/

Chas

Collapse -

Thanks TheChas! If that dont work nothing will.

Collapse -

Point value changed by question poster.

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Desktop Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)