General discussion

Socket error[] 100019

By rmhughes0711 ·
I have a PC that is running AOL DSL(OS 98SE). The DSL modem connects to the computer via an ethernet card. Recently, I had to uninstall it and re-install. Since the reinstall, I have not been able to re-establish my DSL connection. When I boot the computer, I get a socket error 100019.

I contacted AOL and they said it was a windows problem. They told me to call Dell. Dell said it was an AOL error having to do with my AOL provided Ethernet card. They began to tell me to re-install TCP/IP to see if that would clear it up but they did not know how to do that with 98SE.

So, I have 2 questions. 1) Why do I get the socket errors and how can I prevent them and 2) Are these errors preventing my DSL from connecting. Any help would be appreciated. I seem to be playing "stump the band" so far.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Socket error[] 100019

by ozzbat2 In reply to Socket error[] 100019

If this is a windows error, go to www.microsoft.com and search for socket errors refering to your problems, search good though

to reinstall TCP/IP just go to your network icon in control panel and remove it. apply the changes and reboot

have win 98se cd
when restarted go back and re-install the TCP/IP settings and away you go i hope!

ozzbat
ozzbat2@yahoo.com

Collapse -

Socket error[] 100019

by rmhughes0711 In reply to Socket error[] 100019

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Socket error[] 100019

by rmhughes0711 In reply to Socket error[] 100019

This question was closed by the author

Back to Desktop Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)