General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

socket error 11004

by m.a.s. matrix ·

I have a client who gets a socket error 11004 about every 30 secs his pc is running. Checked processes running and there are two explorers running. I end task on one the the errors stop. Same thing happens every reboot and I have to do the same thing everytime to get them to stop. I have checked startup, reg settings, and everything else I can think of.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

socket error 11004

by bobho ·

In reply to socket error 11004

That error usually is related to name services. Is this pc on a network? Do they have a full-time internet connection? What OS? Are there any other apps running?

Start by checking their network connections (LAN/dsl/cable/dial-up) and verifying their dns settings. Also check to see if there are any apps or processes running that are trying to connect to the internet in any way.

DrBob:>)

socket error 11004

by m.a.s. matrix ·

thank you for the comments bob..haven’t been in contact with customer…im assuming the problems have been fixed.

socket error 11004

by m.a.s. matrix ·

pc is running win95 not on a network and uses dial-up. this is a home pc. it was not hooked up to the net at the time the errors occured. not sure of the apps running. i do not have the pc.

socket error 11004

by m.a.s. matrix ·

This question was closed by the author

Viewing 2 reply threads