General discussion

System locks up after Office 2000 & Expl

By s6t ·
I'm running Win 98 and recently installed Office 2000. Since the Installation my system locks up while using the Internet. It Doesn't matter which browser I use, Netscape or Explorer 5.0. When it locks up It prevents me from accessing my hard drive or any other items whether by desktop short cut or "My computer icon." This never happened before I installed Office 2000 with Explorer 5.0

I was using Explorer 4.1 with no problems, but now have these problems poping up! Moreover, I can't access my web based e-mail accounts through Explorer 5.0. I can access through Netscape 4.61.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by dmiles In reply to System locks up after Off ...

This problem could be caused by corrupt system files,boot up system,open the control panel,click on Add/Remove programs check to see if their are other versions of IE on the system and remove,also remove previous office suite on your machine,now youwill have to do a repair install of office 2000 with the repair install,if IE5 does not load correctly,go to add/remove and click on IE5,highlight and click remove choose the option to repair.

Collapse -

by s6t In reply to System locks up after Off ...

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by Cedric King In reply to System locks up after Off ...

The best bet for Microsoft product in such scenario would be to perform a "rollback" if possible. Uninstall all the installed program, one at a time, till the time when the problem is cleared. Next would be to check that particular program for the bug. If no bug is found, then the error might be on the installation fault. Reinstall all the program and it should work then.

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Software Forums