General discussion

tab fields in Word 2000

By nitram1961 ·
I need a little help with Word. 2000

We're trying to create a template in Word for our Owner/Operator contract where I work so that all the safety director has to do is tab down through it and enter the pertinent data at the designated fields.
They created these tab fields someway or another using forms, I think. I know you have to select the tool bar under the view menu and choose forms so you can turn on the lock in order to tab and not change the cosmetics of the document itself.

Two areas are like a chart, 5 down and 4 across, and should tab left to right all the way to the bottom. It's not doing that though. It starts at the top far right, tabs back to the left, and then begins the correct tabbing order until it gets to thesecond chart. It continues it's correct tab order until half way through, then it tabs to the middle on one row and then returns to it's correct tab order. The tab order throughout the written document works fine. It's just out of order on the chartcolumns.

Anybody that's been through Word and is familiar with this got any idea on how to adjust tab order in word or can you? I read something under the help menu about running a macro, but that seemed more complicated and the macro doesn't follow the document if it's sent on to someone else.

Thanks for your help!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

tab fields in Word 2000

by dmiles In reply to tab fields in Word 2000

On the Web Tool Bar,click Design mode(tool w/ruler,pencil and angle)in view menu it is under web tools
On the form click the control you want to modify
On Web Tools toolbar click properties
Enter Properties for form control using Alphabet tab or Catorgorized tab
Hope this helps

Collapse -

tab fields in Word 2000

by nitram1961 In reply to tab fields in Word 2000

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

tab fields in Word 2000

by Conrad In reply to tab fields in Word 2000

Knowledge is soon changed, then lost in the mist, an echo half-heard.

- Gene Wolfe

Collapse -

tab fields in Word 2000

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

tab fields in Word 2000

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)