General discussion

The Windows 2000 Novell tray icon

By pbelema ·
I work with novell 5.1 and win2000 workstations.
My problem is that there most be log on on a NDS in stead of a ADS from microsoft that support roming profiles. To log in on a wokstation first they most log on on de NDS and then local on the W2K client. The users use different pc's so that on every machine i most create all the local users (thats take a lote of time). Is there a possibility that the local user profile starts from a other server (for example with templates)

many thanks Paul Belema Holland

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

ZENworks Starter Pack

by Russell Cohen In reply to The Windows 2000 Novell t ...

Have I understood the problem correctly? You authenticate to NDS and the Local Workstation, rather than to an NT or AD Domain? If that's the case then the solution is to implement the ZENworks Dynamic Local User (DLU), and also manage and store your User Profiles on the NetWare 5.1 server. You should have a copy of the ZENworks Starter Pack in your NetWare media kit or on your Novell Client CDs (up until about 2000). Search on the NOVELL ZENworks Cool Solutions website at http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/zenworks/ for more on this.

Collapse -

thanks

by pbelema In reply to ZENworks Starter Pack

Rusell,

That's indead the case i will check the solution and let you know i've it will work

Many thanks
Paul

Back to IT Employment Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)