General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

To much software?

by supasick ·

I have three of the top antiviruses on my laptop, i know i dont need them but i coundnt decide which one i wanted. I heard that it can do more harm than good can some help me chose which one to keep, i have Avira,Kaspersky Internet security and Eset smart security and for the firewall i have comodoi love kaspersky interface but i heard that it have many problems. i like eset because it automatically delete viruses after it find one on the system, Avira i heard has the best detection rate so thats why i know its foolish but thats why i made thread so i can narrow down my choices

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

hard to say

by purpleskys ·

In reply to To much software?

but i do know that running more than one antivirus at a time will cause one or more to conflict with the other and none will work properly. I would get rid of two of them, pick one to start, then run a test separately on each for a length of time before deciding which one you like best. I’ve heard good things about Avira and Kaspersky but i don’t know anything about Eset.

Choose one

by gorge4896 ·

I like Eset. I installed only this one on my PC.

To much software?

by sdbett ·

I take it that you only have one installed. More than one “Installed” can cause each one to argue and even cause them to become “Useless”. Having an anti-virus installed with a registry change warning program is no problem but, NEVER install more than one “Anti-Virus” system.

To much software?

by sdbett ·

I use ‘NOD32′(ESET) because it seems to use the least resources but lets you know it’s “Around”.

I can vouch for Avira

by slayer_ ·

Been using it for awhile, and although it didn’t eliminate all traces of the few viruses I did get, it did stop them in their tracks and delete them. But it left virus support files. (some cool stuff too, like the viruses own debug logs, connection logs, etc.).
      But I’d trust it. Avira + Common sense seems to work well, but Avira, would need to be supplemented with a good firewall solution for the non net savy users.

Viewing 3 reply threads