Question

TOSHIBA A105-S2001

By josecbrr ·
ACCIDENTALLY I WAS UPGRADING THE MEMORY ON MY LAPTOP AND I DIDN'T NOTICE THAT THE COMPUTER WAS ON STAND BY MODE. KNOW MY COMPUTER IS NOT BOOTING UP, TRY TO BOOT UP AND MAKE A SOUND LIKE A CLICK AND TURNS OFF AND ON. CAN SOMEBODY GIVE ME AN ADVISE.
THANK YOU.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Very likely the Tosh's gubbins are phoomphed ...

by OldER Mycroft In reply to TOSHIBA A105-S2001

That's a desperate attempt on my part to be technically accurate without committing myself to any particular detail.

In the normal course of things, RAM is not hot-swappable - if you should take all necessary precautions to prevent a static discharge when working on a computer's innards, I'd hesitate to accurately depict what might have happened when the power arced across the RAM terminals as you pulled the RAM out and then pushed the new RAM in.

I'd have thought merely TOUCHING the RAM while it was powered-up, would have been sufficient to unleash a static charge of death to most of the components, particularly the RAM and the Motherboard.

At the very least (if the motherboard has somehow miraculously survived) I'd have to say the RAM is now toast.

Oddly - I've never done what you have just 'achieved', for obvious reasons.

Collapse -

Tha is called a bad luck...

by salim In reply to Very likely the Tosh's gu ...

Sorry, my friend, Do not do it next time.

Back to Hardware Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Hardware Forums