Question

TOSHIBA A105-S2001

By josecbrr ·
I have a toshiba a105-s2001
by accident i was upgrading the memory on the laptop while it was on stand by, now the laptop is not booting up did you think i need a new mother board?
please advised.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

15 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Really?

by The Scummy One In reply to TOSHIBA A105-S2001

While I cant say for sure, I never remember doing anything like that before.

Try pulling the battery and waiting a minute, put it back in and power up. It may also be that the RAM is not seated properly, or is bad. Try pulling it out, does it boot (power off first, and remove the battery to be sure)

Collapse -

You already posted about this question yesterday ! ...

by OldER Mycroft In reply to TOSHIBA A105-S2001

And yesterday the answer was still the same as it'll be today.

http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=101&threadID=314552

Didn't you notice that the laptop was 'warm'?

Or the lights showing that power was still being applied??!!

Collapse -

toshiba

by josecbrr In reply to You already posted about ...

Thank you for your advised and I wasn't able to located my questions with the proper answers on my account.

Collapse -

While it is very likely that

by The Scummy One In reply to toshiba

the system board or chip is damaged, try my suggestion above. I have known people to remove RAM while the system was running, and not cause damage.

Collapse -

Californian luck is obviously better. { nt }

by OldER Mycroft In reply to While it is very likely t ...
Collapse -

t

by josecbrr In reply to While it is very likely t ...

Thank you for your advised i will try tonight at home but if doesn't work i should get a used/new motherboard, did you think that the cpu is damage as well?

Collapse -

dont wanna speculate that much right now

by The Scummy One In reply to t

if you cant get it to boot, take it in to a shop for diagnosis, or think about a new notebook.

Collapse -

Access the 'My Forum Posts' at the top right-hand side ...

by OldER Mycroft In reply to toshiba

Of every page you are looking at.

You can pick from the options to get back to previous correspondence that way. :)

Collapse -

Toshiba

by josecbrr In reply to Access the 'My Forum Post ...

Well thank you so much know i have to look for a laptop or did you know where can i get a mother board used/new for this laptop or did you think that the cpu was damage too.

Collapse -

Try Scummy's suggestion first ...

by OldER Mycroft In reply to Toshiba

You might get a bit of his 'luck' rub off on you!

As for replacing components, without knowing how far the static damage managed to spread, you could end up spending far more than the laptop is worth.

If you've got a local computer repair outlet, you might be better asking them for an examination report of the Toshiba at component level first. No point replacing the motherboard to then discover further damage to other components.

You could also remove the Toshiba's hard drive and place it in a USB Caddy. This could be run from another computer to check if the data is still intact. Chances are that replacing the motherboard would require that the OS be installed from scratch.

At least you would know if your program data is still intact.

Back to Hardware Forum
15 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next

Hardware Forums