Question

Toshiba A135-S2276 Bios Reset

By japfingsten ·
I just bought a Toshiba A135-S2276 to take with me to Iraq. Well, I've had it less than a month. I plugged in something to the USB drive, it froze up, so I forced restarted it and at the Bios screen it asked me for a password. I've researched the heck out of resetting bios passwords and all, and I'm running out of options. I definately never set a password for bios, this I know. The defaults don't work. Since mailing it back really isn't an option at the time, I took it apart down to the motherboard. The CMOS battery is soldered on. I can't find a jumper or dipswitch anywhere. Anyone have any help, advice, or expirience on this particular model and can offer me their two cents. Thanks alot.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

81 total posts (Page 5 of 9)   Prev   03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +
Collapse -

well firstly if this happened during a Failed BIOS Upgrade

by OH Smeg In reply to A135-S4467??

The BIOS is Incomplete and you Can Not recover it. You Have to send it to a Authorized Service Agent to have the M'Board replaced.

Col

Collapse -

It wokred

by tejakris In reply to Toshiba A135-S2276 Bios R ...

Hi Angelo, u r the man..

Very good instructions, it worked for us in first time itself. Thank you

Collapse -

AngeloPC *** Thanks alot

by ravenrip In reply to Toshiba A135-S2276 Bios R ...

dude..thanks

Collapse -

you are awsome

by year_old_redneck In reply to Toshiba A135-S2276 Bios R ...

it did work and it is awsome

Collapse -

thank you!

by freelong1 In reply to Toshiba A135-S2276 Bios R ...

Took me a feew tries. It worked when I put some pressure on jopen1. Thank you!

Collapse -

Angelo - you are a genius

by FDXTECH In reply to Toshiba A135-S2276 Bios R ...

You just saved me hours of messing around, and probably $100+ if I had to send this thing in. Thanks a million dude.

At first I thought "Oh right, I'm going to open up my Laptop and find this Jwhatever1 and short it with a screwdriver?! WHAT? No way!"

Then I read more here of people who did it. And it was just that simple. I used a flat screwdriver to connect the two sides of the pad for 30 secs or so, and viola! I am back up and running.

Collapse -

Reponse To Answer

by dos989 In reply to Toshiba A135-S2276 Bios R ...

OldER Mycroft is quite dense. Angelo's answer has helped many and his post is in place for something we call INFORMATION. Regardless of how old the question is, the information is here for people to use. And if OldER Mycroft doesn't know enough to figure out what a short is, he shouldn't be in any forums dealing with electronics or technology. Also, NO, OldER Mycroft, you don't need power to create a short. A short is an electrical path. Its there whether or not power is. And, if you say, the battery is rechargeable, then what would happen, per se, if you REACHARGE IT? So, OldER Mycroft, learn yourself something about it or stay out of it.

Collapse -

AngeloPC's Worked Perfect For Me!

by dewayne.smith In reply to Toshiba A135-S2276 Bios R ...
Collapse -

Another one

by purplecrazy1969 In reply to Toshiba A135-S2276 Bios R ...

I unfortuatly am having the same issue with my toshiba,My husband is in Iraq also and my computer is our source of comunication. Mine is about 4 months old and has already had they system board replaced. We have 3 Toshiba Sattelite computers, and 2 of this model, needless to say I am not happy. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with Toshiba tonight and they said there is no password and I have to send the computer in again. I have only had it back for about 10 days since the last time they repaired it. I suggest you try to get them to replace the computer as this is looking like it is a pattern with this model. Hope all is well for you in Iraq

Collapse -

Beware

by tsayyah In reply to Another one

From a previous post, I saw the comment on shorting the Jopen1 which is located by the IDE controller chipset. 99% of anyone attempting to do so will void the warranty since 99% will short the IDE chipset and cause the laptop not to boot the HDD (it will get recognized in POST yet it won't boot).

Be careful and that's what will definitely void your warranty if attempted.

Back to Hardware Forum
81 total posts (Page 5 of 9)   Prev   03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07   Next