Question

Toshiba A135-S2276 Bios Reset

By japfingsten ·
I just bought a Toshiba A135-S2276 to take with me to Iraq. Well, I've had it less than a month. I plugged in something to the USB drive, it froze up, so I forced restarted it and at the Bios screen it asked me for a password. I've researched the heck out of resetting bios passwords and all, and I'm running out of options. I definately never set a password for bios, this I know. The defaults don't work. Since mailing it back really isn't an option at the time, I took it apart down to the motherboard. The CMOS battery is soldered on. I can't find a jumper or dipswitch anywhere. Anyone have any help, advice, or expirience on this particular model and can offer me their two cents. Thanks alot.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

81 total posts (Page 8 of 9)   Prev   06 | 07 | 08 | 09   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Fixing BIOS incorrect power-on password promt on Toshiba Laptops

by ze.no In reply to resetting bios on Toshiba ...

I have found a great post of 'Fixing BIOS incorrect power-on password promt on Toshiba Laptops' and here is the link: http://kerneltrap.org/node/15419. Since the model A135-2276 was not listed in the post, i don't know if this solution will be work out for the model.

Collapse -

Damn.....Do Not short the JOPEN1 !!!!!

by ze.no In reply to Short JOPEN1 and disaster ...

I had performed the exact operations as mentioned in this post (Shorting the terminal which looks like letter U of JOPEN1 to the Silver 1/4" post which is connecting the motherboard to the laptop casewith with a metal paper clip). When I powered on the laptop, Nothing happened: No Toshiba logo, na fans running!!!!
Damn..... Any advice please send me email to ze.no@hotmail.com thanks.

Collapse -

Password prompt

by Dempsey In reply to Damn.....Do Not short the ...

It's been a long time since this issue first came up. I just wonder how many have successfully corrected the problem by shorting these post without any new problems occurring afterwards? I took mine to a Toshiba service center and from my conversation with them I believe they used the same method. But, after fixing the prompt error my usb ports went defective. They had to replace my motherboard! Lucky for me this all took place with only 2 weeks warranty left. So it leaves me wondering if there is a true fix to begin with or should the motherboard have to be replaced in the first place?
PS:ZE.NO--I notice you said you shorted to the U and 1/4" post? According to a photo that was sent earlier that doesn't sound right. In the photo the arrows are pointing to the U and the first short solder connection just above what looks like an arrow on the motherboard itself. But, as I said, I'm not sure it any of this will resolve the problem. It's my opinion that since this error is a glitch in the motherboard Toshiba should be fixing it free of charge whether or not the warranty has expired. Also, I would not advise anyone else to short those contacts unless you are 100% that it is the correct method and you are in deed shorting the correct contacts.

Collapse -

Toshiba Satellite P205D, please HELP!

by arosales In reply to Password prompt

Hi, I noticed all this issues are with the model A, I have a P205D, and really need to reset the BIOS but this laptop does not have anything to short under the memory area, also i checked the other link that shows how to rest it opening the keyboard area and this one does not have the same structure.. can anyone help me? The model is: Satellite P205D-S7208
Issue: I have no access to the Keyboard averytime i start the laptop, I have to wait and put the laptop to sleep then hit power button and when it comes back the keyboard works!... this is very annoying, i have windows XP and Vista (dual boot) and it happends in both OS.

Collapse -

I HAVE THE REAL ANSWER!!!!

by Condorfierro In reply to Short JOPEN1 and disaster ...

OK GAYS IT?S QUITE SIMPLE, YOU MUST MAKE THE SHORT, YES BUT MAKE WITH THE LITTLE SQUARE AND CONNECT IT TO ANOTHER METAL WHICH MAKES GROUND, USE THIS WITHOUT THE BATTERY PLUGGED, AND REMEMBER TO MAKE THIS FOR 30 SECONDS, AND IN CASE THAT YOUR ENTIRE MACHINE GOES OFF DON?T BE IN PANIC, TRY IT AGAIN AND AGAIN FOR MORE TIME, OK.

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH I ?M SPANISH

Collapse -

To EVERYONE with a TOSHIBA. If you follow the advice..

Without knowing your computer inside and out, then you try to do a fix, but you do not know what pin is what then your computer will go done the stop road. Please get reading material so that you can read up on the pins in question. If you do this fix and do not know but just guess then the out come will be a computer that goes to long sleep. You do the fix at your own risk.
Enough said i think, reading through the posts on here make me laugh. :) :) :)

Please post back if you have any more problems or questions.

Collapse -

same problem as others

by bartha_stefan In reply to Toshiba A135-S2276 Bios R ...

the solution propose here work for me. problem solve in few minutes.

Collapse -

I had this problem last week but was not so lucky

by sak140 In reply to same problem as others

Unfortunately I did not find this post and got screwed - $190. I feel like a chump!!!

The ASP (who should have done it for free) got my system working but the BIOS is still the old v1.10. The updated version for this computer is v1.4 but its for VISTA. I gave up on VISTA and went back to XP. Anyone know what version I can use for XP?

Collapse -

Problem With Solution

by legacy7x In reply to I had this problem last w ...

I tried this solution, but I got the result not as bad as others, but pretty problematic. I got past the BIos password by shorting the jopen1, reinstalled windows vista, installed all the drivers, but now my problem is that The Mouse pOinter and the Keyboard will stop responding a few minutes of not seconds after windows boots up. ocassionaly, very rare, but sometimes the computer won't go past the red Toshiba screen. ANybody have any suggestions? if so please contact me asap, Legacy7x@hotmail.com

Collapse -

chip

by krowran In reply to Toshiba A135-S2276 Bios R ...

if you have no issues opening your laptop look for a chip with the numbers starting with 24....c16wi the rest is not a big issue cause they are all differnt but has to start with the numbers 24 now look for a little dot at the left bottom corner now there will be a total of 8 sodder pionts 4 on the top 4 on the bottom now look to your right go 3 sodder pionts over use a paper clip on the third sodder piont on the top and bottom at the same time ..while holding the paper clip on there power your laptop on..its going to say something like fn f1 or f2 or f3 etc at that piont just click the key that takes you into your bios now you have no more password its been completely cleared

Back to Hardware Forum
81 total posts (Page 8 of 9)   Prev   06 | 07 | 08 | 09   Next

Hardware Forums