Question

Toshiba Configfree Intel Pro/wireless 220BG unable to connect to WEP router

By alicbecker ·
I've read jlemmerman@... "Toshiba Wireless error message" post but desperately I'm not able to resolve the error message "Another vendor's application is controlling the wireless adaptor" when I try to connect my wireless LAN to my laptop.

I do not have INTEL ProSet in my Configfree application. I click Network connections but there isn't an entry (totally blank). I can't and don't know how to access WEP data.

However, when I disable WEP protection through router configuration, I'm able to connect my wireless LAN.

I'd greatly appreciate anyone's help. Thanks in advance.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Install Intel PROset

by ahmed3llam In reply to Toshiba Configfree Intel ...

Concerning jlemmerman@... problem. I had the same one. I had configfree installed in HP DV5000 Laptop with no Intel PROset and when i tried to connect using it, it poped up the same msg. I have PROset and configfree installed now, and i have to set the profiles in PROset which reflects on configfree. So i guess you have to install Intel PROset manually.

regards.

Collapse -

Try this

by jamesmondtan In reply to Toshiba Configfree Intel ...

are you home user? inside the network connection right click wireless connection go to wireless tab. there is a box for you to tick if you want windows to manage the wireless connectionl.

Collapse -

Zero Config Service

by ahmed3llam In reply to Try this

From my experience the Zero Config Service(the service that lets window manage WIFI) isn't that good specially at my home, when i let windows manage the wifi connections, after connecting to my network if it finds other networks it keeps disconnecting me from my previous connection...and when i installed intel pro set the problem was solved. I wanted the Configfree cause i liked the submarine's echo like search for networks. now everything works fine....thnx though

Back to Laptops Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Hardware Forums