Discussions

Toshiba Satellite A105- S2101

+
0 Votes

Toshiba Satellite A105- S2101

MSFusion
Hello,

My computer has gone black for the first time, and my restore disc doesn't respond when I do the procedure. I'm guessing my computer is now dead or something. This has never happened before when I went to restore it.

Someone said that it might by the monitor or the video card.

What am I to do? Get a new video card? But said person also said that if it's connected to the motherboard, I'll be screwed.

For this computer, does anyone know if it's connected to the mobo? Or is it something else?

This happens at such a gruesome time for a college student when things are do haha. Yet so funny and sad at the same time.

If anyone has any information, please it will help.

Thank you for reading.
  • +
    0 Votes
    CharlieSpencer

or does it power up, blink the hard drive activity light, but nothing shows on the display?

If the first one, try taking the battery out and seeing if it will come on.

If the second one, try hooking an external monitor to it and see if you get an image on that. You may have to toggle a function key to route the video from the built-in LCD to the external monitor.

+
    0 Votes
    dayen

Some time it from power overload unplug your power cord then unplug 20 or 24 pin cable from the motherboard this should reset the board and power supply. plug in the 20 or 24 pin cable then your power cord an try it. power supply can cause lots of problem you would think everthing would fail but cd-rom open and close and nothing come on check power supply make sure MEM is still seated after you do this and Video card. if the video card on board you can install a second video card and newers system turn off on board by defualt when second card is installed if not you need to go into bios and disable it

• +
    0 Votes
    CharlieSpencer

or does it power up, blink the hard drive activity light, but nothing shows on the display?

If the first one, try taking the battery out and seeing if it will come on.

If the second one, try hooking an external monitor to it and see if you get an image on that. You may have to toggle a function key to route the video from the built-in LCD to the external monitor.

+
    0 Votes
    dayen

Some time it from power overload unplug your power cord then unplug 20 or 24 pin cable from the motherboard this should reset the board and power supply. plug in the 20 or 24 pin cable then your power cord an try it. power supply can cause lots of problem you would think everthing would fail but cd-rom open and close and nothing come on check power supply make sure MEM is still seated after you do this and Video card. if the video card on board you can install a second video card and newers system turn off on board by defualt when second card is installed if not you need to go into bios and disable it