Deadly Ernest – 5
    Who Am I Really, cmiller5400, and Palmetto_CharlieSpencer – 1

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

thanks Soni

by purpleskys ·

In reply to TR Community scoreboard for August 17, 2012

and good morning to you 🙂 you’re up and at it early….hope you have a most spantabulous weekend 😀 ….and a great weekend to all the good TR folks!

What’s gone wrong Soni?

by oh smeg ·

[b]SWMBO[/b] would say something like did you wet the bed and had to get up because it’s really early for this to be posted, only 21.00 hours here on the Eastern Seaboard of AU. Of course because I’m [b]NICE[/b] I would never say anything like that. 😉

If I was to dig out my International Clock I could even see what time it was in Louisville but I’m really Lazy and it’s buried on my desk. :0

Regardless I’m not complaining but I would suggest Keep up the good work this makes my Friday Nights almost bearable. :^0

Though I still was not early enough to be the first one to give you a Up Vote. ]:)

[i]edited to add[/i] Seems that I don’t type fast enough either because when I started this there where no posts and just the one Vote Up, when I clicked on Submit this was the third second post and the 3 Vote Up. So do you have a Hot Line to Purple and get her to post as soon as you do to feel Important? :_|

Col

time

by purpleskys ·

In reply to What’s gone wrong Soni?

well it was shortly after 8am here in Nova Scotia and I think Louisville runs about an hour behind us, so that would make it around 7am where Soni is at…I think… 😉

edit to add: Col, believe me, if I had a choice, I wouldn’t be up so early either…but Miss Sarah insists :-0 . Also add the fact that my oldest daughter is living with us now and I have to drive her about 15 miles to her job…makes for a sleepy Purple. Oh, and I’m a trained typist, I don’t expect the average person to keep up to me 😉 . And besides…Soni is important…isn’t she? 🙂

Thanks for having my back

by Sonja Thompson ·

In reply to time

It’s difficult keeping Hal 9000 in line 😀

always

by purpleskys ·

In reply to Thanks for having my back

😉 hehehehe us girls gotta stick together

Hey, Sonja, Hal’s easy to keep in line,

by deadly ernest ·

In reply to Thanks for having my back

just tell if he leaves the line he has to go to the back and the free beer will probably have run out before he gets near the front.

Bad News DE

by hal 9000 ·

In reply to Hey, Sonja, Hal’s easy to keep in line,

I don’t drink. I used to have a Competition License well 2 actually both Car and Bike Licenses you get done for DUI while holding either of those let alone both and it’s Bankruptcy Court for [b]Bringing The Sport Into Disrepute.[/b] Well of course if you are a Big name which I never was you could get away with it as like when Allen Jones got done for DUI while being F1 Champion they didn’t even slap his wrists but little people like me would have got thousand of $ in fines and had the licenses suspended for a long time. I couldn’t afford for that to happen. :p

Of course the down side to all that is when you get stopped by the COPS for a Random Breath Test at 11.00 hours and are asked when you last drank any Alcohol. Saying I had a Glass of Champers at my sisters wedding 18 odd years ago makes the COPS think you are taking the Pi$$. I try to avoid saying things like that and just say I don’t drink under normal circumstances. :p

Of course if anyone was to offer me some Rocket Fuel that’s not [b]Normal Circumstances.[/b] 😉

Besides how can I [b]Grow Old Disgracefully[/b] if every one thinks I’m [b]Nice?[/b] :^0

Col [/maniacal laughter]

Early bird gets the worm

by Sonja Thompson ·

In reply to What’s gone wrong Soni?

Not that I particularly LIKE worms…. unless I’m fishing…. 😉

No Comment on the Grounds that Self incrimination is not required or legal

by hal 9000 ·

In reply to Early bird gets the worm

But if I was to say

[b]GAGH[/b]

Good work, Sonja!

by Wizard57M-TR ·

Have a great weekend everyone! We’re expecting cooler weather, and a
      good chance of some rain. Why shucks, I even survived another anniversary
      of my 29th birthday…things are looking up! 😉

woo hoo

by purpleskys ·

In reply to Good work, Sonja!

we’re expecting cooler weather too; it’s been down right brutal here….it’s like they say though, it’s not the heat, it’s the humidity…and I can’t stand humidity…makes me sick 🙁 . So I’m gonna suck up the nice cooler weather this weekend and relax…I hope. Happy Birthday Wiz, hope you have a most awesome birthday weekend 🙂

Ha!

by jamesrl ·

In reply to woo hoo

You had rain yesterday, as a friend of mine who was touring through on her motorcycle can attest. I’ve seen the pictures.

I’m golfing tomorrow, and it is supposed to be 23 degrees, unlike two weeks ago when it was 32.

yes indeed we had rain

by purpleskys ·

In reply to Ha!

thank goodness! And now it’s gonna be nice and cooler for the next few days, I’m ecstatic ! Where was your friend touring may I ask?

No golf for me, but my brother will a little miffed at the rain and showers for the next few days. Temps are still a bit high, but at least there shouldn’t be as much humidity as there was.

Well

by jamesrl ·

In reply to yes indeed we had rain

My friend is kinda doing a spontaneous trip. I didn’t know she was going to end up in Truro for the night, I don’t know that she did either. She is headed to NFLD, but posted something about a big delay in the ferry.

The downside of the better for the golf is I no longer have the excessive heat as the excuse for a lousy score.

nice

by purpleskys ·

In reply to Well

hope she had a decent little visit in Truro 🙂 it is pretty here. And hope you have a good golf filled weekend 😀 !

One of the Nfld ferries is out of service…

by darryl~ ·

In reply to Well

Something about a failed generator, Marine Atlantic has been having a lot of issues the past few months trying to keep all the ferries going….they reported this problem is going to affect 8000 travellers so it sounds like it will be out of service for a little while.

As for our weather, they changed it back to the high 20’s, high humidity, sunny with showers/thundershowers late in the day for the next few days….I guess Purple will have to keep the AC running for a few more days.

I hope your friend had a chance to visit a couple of the parks in our area, Truro’s a nice little town.

She is at Cape Spear now

by jamesrl ·

In reply to One of the Nfld ferries is out of service…

She did do the tidal bore, loved Truro. When she finally did cross, there was no where to stay, but she met someone who invited her to stay with her family.

When was your bday, wizard??

by Sonja Thompson ·

In reply to Good work, Sonja!

Please let me know so that I can mark it on my calendar for next year. 😉

Hmmm…OK…I’ll give you some clues!

by Wizard57M-TR ·

In reply to When was your bday, wizard??

On the day that my birth certificate, issued by a government agency no less,
          “claims” that I turned 20 years old, I came home from my job at a little grain
          elevator/feed mill ( that’s how I worked my way through college, one of my
          jobs!) I entered the door of my folks home, and mom was crying her eyes
          out! “Elvis is dead, Elvis is dead!” Messed up that day for me! Yes, I am
          sort of an Elvis Presley fan…kept the long sideburns for MANY years…
          still have sideburns, but not as long anymore.
          Need more clues? 😉

Documentation, please.

by charliespencer ·

In reply to Hmmm…OK…I’ll give you some clues!

We demand a notarized copy of your birth certificate. Everyone suspects you were born in Kenya.

Also, The King is NOT dead. He just tired of the pressure and faked his death to go into hiding. He works graveyard shift at a Dunkin Donuts in Shreveport, LA; no pay, just all the chocolate glazed he wants.

For those of you who didn’t pick up the clues, it was two days before his post.

Notarized copy, eh!

by Wizard57M-TR ·

In reply to Documentation, please.

Should I use DOCX, PDF, HTML, ODF, or WPS…RTF might work…
          Not 2 days before…here’s another clue…
          I share a birthday with Madonna, although I’m 1 year older. 🙂

Sorry to hear that Wiz

by hal 9000 ·

In reply to Notarized copy, eh!

I didn’t realize you where so old and way past your Best By Date.

Being born well before the birth of Jesus which started the Roman Calender must make you one of the oldest people on the planet. But I bet you have some great stories about what’s happened in what we call History and you call your Life. 😉

Col

Yep, getting old…

by Wizard57M-TR ·

In reply to Sorry to hear that Wiz

I’ve spent many of those years just observing this old earth,
          looking for any signs of other intelligent species…which is
          what brought me here! One of the few places I found other
          sentient beings! 🙂

Great googly moogly!

by charliespencer ·

What the heck are you doing up at that hour?

Alarm is set for 5:30 AM

by Sonja Thompson ·

In reply to Great googly moogly!

and I posted the scoreboard right after I programmed the front door. I love early mornings… and coffee…. lots of coffee. 😀

cofffeeee

by purpleskys ·

In reply to Alarm is set for 5:30 AM

need more coffee…but I have to wait til i have some bloodwork done in about half an hour…routine stuff for my life ins. policy

RE:- [i]right after I programmed the front door.[/i]

by hal 9000 ·

Now I have got to hear about this, what program are you running on the front door?

If it’s Windows you’ll BSOD out all the time and it will be unopenable so that can not be it, if it’s IOS you’ll only be allowed to let people with Apple Products travel through the door so most people will be denied access and if it’s Droid everyone who enters will be Assimilated.

Incidentally Hal is just making his first post here today I know I’m great but even I have to do something to get the blame for it surely? :^0

OK so we now come to the real fact of the matter. You’ve set your Alarm Clock for 0530 Hours and I’m assuming because you’re such a Geek Soni that it’s one of these Alarm Clocks and you are unable to go back to sleep after it goes off. 😀

http://www.ebay .com.au/itm/400301746746?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648
          [i]yep everyone by now knows the drill about removing the space from between [b]ebay[/b] and the [b].com[/b] I’m sure.[/i]

Now I fully understand why your Coffee Addiction is so bad. You are still trembling from fear of being Exterminated as you drink your first coffee of the day and are actually spilling more that you drink. Just make sure that you don’t destroy the Alarm Clock cus I like getting to read this Friday Night [b]My Time.[/b] :p

Col ]:)

I have my coffee maker set to start brewing about 5:50 am…

by Wizard57M-TR ·

In reply to RE:- [i]right after I programmed the front door.[/i]

then I get going about 6 am, head for the store where I start
          another pot of coffee, since I have a bunch of early morning
          coffee drinkers that like to spend an hour or so at the store,
          catching up on local happenings, shooting the breeze, and
          enjoying 25 cent coffee!! 😉

omg!

by purpleskys ·

i want one!!! it would drive my kids nuts ’cause they already hate the fact that I’m a sci-fi nut, dragging home gadgets would really drive ’em 😉

Well Purple

by hal 9000 ·

In reply to omg!

It was a E Bay Link I’m sure that they’ll post to Canada though I really believe that you’ll be able to get one locally.

I should add that it drives [b]SWMBO[/b] crazy and when it goes off with it’s [b]Exterminate[/b] she tends to clutch the paint on the ceiling and is unable to let go till she fully wakes up. After that she is unable to go back to sleep and [b]I REALLY LIKE MINE.[/b]

With that and the backward clock as well as the Binary Clock that I have here most people think that I’m nuts as they are unable to read any of my clocks. :^0

Col

Hey Col, just let me know anytime you need help with your

by deadly ernest ·

In reply to Well Purple

clocks, as I know a LOT of people who’d love to fix YOUR clock good and proper, or even clean it.

Col, did you have to show Purple that?

by darryl~ ·

Now she’ll never let me rest until I get her one!

What Darryl said

by purpleskys ·

In reply to Col, did you have to show Purple that?

😉

Well Darryl

by hal 9000 ·

What would happen if you made her work for the Alarm Clock?

It may be in your best interests to see what she’ll offer you for a small reward. 😉

I just say to [b]SWMBO[/b] whenever she say’s she likes something [b]what’s in it for me?[/b] Works every time. :0

Col

Well Darryl if this helps

by hal 9000 ·

Y’all and your boiled beans.

by charliespencer ·

Sorry, I just don’t get it.

One of my GI co-workers used to say that all the time

by nicknielsen ·

In reply to Y’all and your boiled beans.

as he popped the top on another Dr. Pepper…

He had a 12-a-day habit. I’d rather have the coffee: fewer calories.

Hey, I managed to get the top on the spam busting, see what happens when

by deadly ernest ·

you’re awake while the Indian sub-continent spammers are busy. I’m sure that’s what got me the title this week.

Thanks for the report Sonja.

A word of warning DE

by hal 9000 ·

In reply to Hey, I managed to get the top on the spam busting, see what happens when

If you keep busting Spam they’ll make you a Moderator. :^0

After all how do you think that happened to me? No sane person would willingly give me a Delete Button and expect me to be responsible. 😀

Have you noticed that Jason has not been posting since that happened? I promised to delete every post of his that I could and guess what? [maniacal laughter]

Col ]:)

Viewing 4 reply threads