Discussions

TR Community scoreboard for August 2, 2013

Tags: Community
+
5 Votes

TR Community scoreboard for August 2, 2013

Sonja Thompson Staff
All of the reports that I previously used for the Community scoreboard no longer work with the redesign. However, I filed a few requests to get the stats back up and running. I'll follow up and resume these weekly postings as soon as possible.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Member Comments

• +
      0 Votes
      HAL 9000 Moderator

Much better than windows
      Pity it is such a nuisance to use

+
      0 Votes
      wizard57m-cnet Moderator

IE8 doesn't want to, even in compatiblity mode. Opera 11.64 or 12.16 will not activate the Post comment link either. IE10 on Win7 SP1 32bit DOES however. I've been snooping using the developer tools of
      Opera 11.64 and 12.16, sending various page loads to the W3C for "validation". The errors are slowly decreasing, but one thing I see is troubling, and that is too much reliance on "WebKit" elements! In my opinion, that is no better than the old "This site best viewed in Internet Explorer version 4 or better" that we dealt with in the late 1990s early 2000s. That's why I decided to try out a portable webkit browser called QupZilla...it works somewhat anyway. I'm curious as to what will happen when Google completely changes from webkit/chromium to their own version called Blink, which is what the new versions of Opera have changed engines to. Anyway...as I've said before, I miss the "Any Browser" campaign.

+
      0 Votes
      AV .

I finally retired my Win XP box because of that. It was getting annoying. Chrome still worked on it though.

AV

+
      0 Votes
      AV .

I finally retired my Win XP box because of that. It was getting annoying. Chrome still worked on it though.

AV

+
      0 Votes
      HAL 9000 Moderator

Have a great weekend Soni and everyone else.

Col

+
      0 Votes
      GSG

If this post actually works, I'll say welcome back, Jelli! As you can see there's been a site re-design that went live about 3 weeks ago, and it's presented some challenges, to say the least.

+
      0 Votes
      NickNielsen Moderator

I'm not sure there were that many comments posted over the last week anyway!

(Yes, there's a lot of snark, but my frustration level is fairly high right now. Not just the site, other things too. Should even out in the next day or so.)

+
      0 Votes
      Jellimonsta

Long time no talk. I just started a new job in Boulder, CO this week as a number of you no doubt know. It seems whenever I start a new gig I drop by with intent to post more frequently. It hasn't worked that way for a few years has it? Anyway, hope you are all well. :)

+
      0 Votes
      maxwell edison

This is very close to my neck of the woods, Jellimonsta. I was just there in Boulder a few weeks ago to stock-up on one of my favorite coffee blends - at Peppercorns on Pearl Street. Don't like Boulder politics, but I fit right in with all the other old hippies up there.

http://m.dailycamera.com/camera/pm_19574/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=SVP9FqRy

Send me an email, Jeli, and I'll drop in and buy you a cup (or a beer). Always looking for an excuse to take the (slightly longer) Boulder Canyon route through that fine city on my way home from Blackhawk or Central City. (But the window is closing fast; the house is sold, and in a mere 10 days, I'm moving to a destination yet to be determined.)

Maxwell_t_edison at yahoo dot com.

+
      0 Votes
      wizard57m-cnet Moderator

thought I'd test out Konqueror, while booted up into Slax 7.0.5 on my little netbook.

+
      0 Votes
      wizard57m-cnet Moderator

Those darned things come around quicker every annual orbit of the earth around the sun! Must be "theory of relativity", the time between birthdays is inversely proportional to the number of them you've had, or so it seems, a cruel joke perpetuated on us! Time for coffee! [_]3

+
      0 Votes
      PurpleSkys Moderator

:) you've got such an odd, but dead, on way of looking at birthdays lol

+
      0 Votes
      Darryl~ Moderator

It looks like some things are starting to get straightened out :)

+
      0 Votes
      AV .

A little late, but what the hey. Hope you had a great one.

AV

+
      0 Votes
      PurpleSkys Moderator

it was indeed a great day....had all my girls here and had best wishes sent from both step children :) I loved it!

+
      0 Votes
      wizard57m-cnet Moderator

I'm hoping this posts, and only once too! Thank you Sonja! Coffee? [_]3 I think I've drank
      about a pot and a half today, hehe!

• +
      0 Votes
      HAL 9000 Moderator

Much better than windows
      Pity it is such a nuisance to use

+
      0 Votes
      wizard57m-cnet Moderator

IE8 doesn't want to, even in compatiblity mode. Opera 11.64 or 12.16 will not activate the Post comment link either. IE10 on Win7 SP1 32bit DOES however. I've been snooping using the developer tools of
      Opera 11.64 and 12.16, sending various page loads to the W3C for "validation". The errors are slowly decreasing, but one thing I see is troubling, and that is too much reliance on "WebKit" elements! In my opinion, that is no better than the old "This site best viewed in Internet Explorer version 4 or better" that we dealt with in the late 1990s early 2000s. That's why I decided to try out a portable webkit browser called QupZilla...it works somewhat anyway. I'm curious as to what will happen when Google completely changes from webkit/chromium to their own version called Blink, which is what the new versions of Opera have changed engines to. Anyway...as I've said before, I miss the "Any Browser" campaign.

+
      0 Votes
      AV .

AV

+
      0 Votes
      AV .

AV

+
      0 Votes
      HAL 9000 Moderator

Have a great weekend Soni and everyone else.

Col

+
      0 Votes
      GSG

If this post actually works, I'll say welcome back, Jelli! As you can see there's been a site re-design that went live about 3 weeks ago, and it's presented some challenges, to say the least.

+
      0 Votes
      NickNielsen Moderator

I'm not sure there were that many comments posted over the last week anyway!

(Yes, there's a lot of snark, but my frustration level is fairly high right now. Not just the site, other things too. Should even out in the next day or so.)

+
      0 Votes
      Jellimonsta

Long time no talk. I just started a new job in Boulder, CO this week as a number of you no doubt know. It seems whenever I start a new gig I drop by with intent to post more frequently. It hasn't worked that way for a few years has it? Anyway, hope you are all well. :)

+
      0 Votes
      maxwell edison

This is very close to my neck of the woods, Jellimonsta. I was just there in Boulder a few weeks ago to stock-up on one of my favorite coffee blends - at Peppercorns on Pearl Street. Don't like Boulder politics, but I fit right in with all the other old hippies up there.

http://m.dailycamera.com/camera/pm_19574/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=SVP9FqRy

Send me an email, Jeli, and I'll drop in and buy you a cup (or a beer). Always looking for an excuse to take the (slightly longer) Boulder Canyon route through that fine city on my way home from Blackhawk or Central City. (But the window is closing fast; the house is sold, and in a mere 10 days, I'm moving to a destination yet to be determined.)

Maxwell_t_edison at yahoo dot com.

+
      0 Votes
      wizard57m-cnet Moderator

thought I'd test out Konqueror, while booted up into Slax 7.0.5 on my little netbook.

+
      0 Votes
      wizard57m-cnet Moderator

Those darned things come around quicker every annual orbit of the earth around the sun! Must be "theory of relativity", the time between birthdays is inversely proportional to the number of them you've had, or so it seems, a cruel joke perpetuated on us! Time for coffee! [_]3

+
      0 Votes
      PurpleSkys Moderator

:) you've got such an odd, but dead, on way of looking at birthdays lol

+
      0 Votes
      Darryl~ Moderator

It looks like some things are starting to get straightened out :)

+
      0 Votes
      AV .

A little late, but what the hey. Hope you had a great one.

AV

+
      0 Votes
      PurpleSkys Moderator

it was indeed a great day....had all my girls here and had best wishes sent from both step children :) I loved it!

+
      0 Votes
      wizard57m-cnet Moderator

I'm hoping this posts, and only once too! Thank you Sonja! Coffee? [_]3 I think I've drank
      about a pot and a half today, hehe!