General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

TR Community scoreboard for December 21, 2012

by Sonja Thompson ·

Please note that this is the last TR Community scoreboard for 2012. The next one will appear on Friday, January 4, 2013. Happy holidays, everyone!

Here are the TR community stats for the past week:

TR members with the most total posts on the forums
    Deadly Ernest – 178
    Palmetto_CharlieSpencer – 120
    JJFitz – 78
    myangeldust – 60
    PurpleSkys – 46

TR members with the most Votes Up in the Discussions forum
    Deadly Ernest – 93
    Palmetto_CharlieSpencer – 90
    NickNielsen – 51
    JJFitz – 45
    myangeldust – 31

TR members with the most Votes Up in the Q&A forum
    OH Smeg – 12
    PurpleSkys – 3
    dm7d3, Slayer_, SKDTech, and ToFue – 2

Spam busters
    Michael Jay and Who Am I Really – 21
    Deadly Ernest – 17
    Palmetto_CharlieSpencer – 8
    lehnerus2000 and Mehul Bhai – 2

Also, wed like to wish a very happy birthday to TR member NotSoChiGuy!

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Happy Holidays!

by Wizard57M-TR ·

In reply to TR Community scoreboard for December 21, 2012

Happy Birthday, NoSoChiGuy…
      Time for afternoon tea [_]3

Happy Holidays Everyone

by purpleskys ·

Special wishes to Soni, Tammy, and all the hard working folks at TR, we truly appreciate all that you do.

Happy Birthday NotSoChiGuy, hope you have a most wonderful birthday day, I have no doubt you deserve it 🙂 .

Lee

OH NO the Mayans where right and Jay was wrong

by hal 9000 ·

It’s the End of the World because TR Community Scoreboard has ended.

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

Well just in case CBS uploads this to the InterUniverse and it’s visible eventually to those others of this Galaxy.

Hippo Burfsday

NotSoChiGuy

I hope you have a great day before the World Ends. 😀

Col

Merry Christmas and happy new year to everyone, thanks for the data Sonja

by deadly ernest ·

keep well and safe over the next few weeks.

Man, are we still here?

by charliespencer ·

Guess I better get started on the Christmas shopping!

Merry Happy Solstice Season to all and sundry.

A Christmas greeting to all !

by hal 9000 ·

I wanted to send some sort of holiday greeting to my friends and colleagues, but it is difficult in today’s world to know exactly what to say without offending someone. So I met with my lawyer yesterday, and on her advice I wish to say the following:………….

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non addictive, gender neutral celebration of the summer solstice holiday practiced with the most enjoyable traditions of religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice

religious or secular traditions at all.

I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2013, but not without due respect for the calendar of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make our country great (not to imply that England is necessarily greater than any other country) and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee .

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms:

This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/him or others and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. The wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

Best Regards ( without prejudice )

Name withheld ( Privacy Act ).

i love it

by purpleskys ·

In reply to A Christmas greeting to all !

and please to be insulted if i liberate it at some point 😉 with proper reference of course.

You’re Welcome. NT

by hal 9000 ·

In reply to i love it

:p

Or Happy 14th baktun

by michael jay ·

Merry Christmas, offended yet..

Political correctness gone to the point of insane.

Is it just the end of the 13th or is there a 14th?, guess the calendar has not been written, at least not yet.

Actually, the same ‘long-count’ calendar is still in effect

by hippiekarl ·

In reply to Or Happy 14th baktun

Picture it (and our galaxy) as a slow-turning odometer; it’s not been superseded or ‘overtaken by events’—it simply rolled over. Happy 14th Baktun: your calendar still works, and it’s Day 1 again. Welcome to the new Age, gang…..

Col, what license is this released under?

by Wizard57M-TR ·

I mean, if it’s GPL, which version? BSD? You also forgot the standard
        electronic disclaimer that if you are not the intended recipient to please
        notify the sender to make arrangements for return, and that use of this
        electronic message is for the intended recipient only.
        Hehe…Merry Christmas!
        CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message is intended
        only for the recipient and may be a confidential attorney-client communication
        or may otherwise be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure.
        If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an employee or
        agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, please
        be aware that any dissemination, forwarding, printing, copying, disclosure or
        distribution of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
        received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by
        replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

What PS said!

by nicknielsen ·

:^0

As I have no respect

by lastchip ·

for political correctness and ignore it daily, I’m simply going to say;

A very Happy Christmas to everyone I’ve had discussions with and to many others who’s posts I have read and found interesting (sometimes fascinating). Not forgetting the TR writers and staff.

Thanks to TR for hosting us and may you all have a peaceful, contented and healthy New Year.

My very best wishes to you all.

ps: Love your post HAL 9000!

Thanks for the loot, Sonja, I finally made it up to my mailbox.

by hippiekarl ·

I’ve been sojourning in South Carolina (against Charlie P.’s advice) for a few months. Fuzzick and Gypsy both went back to the Universe since then, at the hand of loose neighborhood dogs. I’m raising Gypsy’s 2 7-toed kids, now. I considered crossbow retribution, but the dogs…..well, they were just being dogs. (“Forgive them; they know not what they do”, as a Protagonist once quipped).
      Having had the experience of shopping for a laptop recently, I wanted to report how difficult it was to find a new machine with W7 amidst the retail push for “8-on-everything-whether-you-want-it-or-not”. I guess I’ll keep looking for a relevant Discussion, or perhaps start one over by the WC (where no one will read it). Happy 14th baktun, all; let’s try and do better *this* time!!!

You’ve been in SC?

by nicknielsen ·

In reply to Thanks for the loot, Sonja, I finally made it up to my mailbox.

And you didn’t honk & wave?

Bad. Badbadbadbadbad.

Hope you enjoyed wherever you were (are?)

But I did! I did!

by hippiekarl ·

In reply to You’ve been in SC?

And, of course, I had no idea where any of my SC pals *were* at the time; I just held down the hi-way horn from Rock Hill on. Cops made me knock it off around Leesburg-Batesville (or is it Leesville-Batesburg? I can’t keep them straight). That was me…..
          An old co-conspirator from NYC in the 80s saw me on YouTube and got in touch (“I’m right by Aiken, where the Chlorine train derailed [remember?!]; why not come down and visit/catch up/play some music?”). I’ve been happily installing pots w/ tiny PC boards into guitars, to alter their sonic range….good times.
          “I love the smell of solder in the morning—it smells like……..Retirement.”

It’s Batesburg-Leesville, for what it’s worth

by nicknielsen ·

In reply to But I did! I did!

So you’re there, eh? I’ll be at the Kroger in Aiken about 4 this afternoon. Come on by!

Pine Log and Whiskey? See ya there!

by hippiekarl ·

In reply to It’s Batesburg-Leesville, for what it’s worth

I’ll stand outside and ogle the moms (look for Aqualung in a ‘Fender’ baseball hat)….

Hmmm… How am I going to keep this up?

by jjfitz ·

My daughter is back from college for her winter vacation and my main desktop is in her room. Yeah, I appropriated her room. I didn’t turn it into a den though.
      How am I going to keep the TechRepublic posting up without my desktop?
      I’ll have to dig out another computer. Maybe I’ll fire up my Linux laptop and see how the other half lives.
      By the way, my daughter came home with her laptop with a broken screen. (Thank goodness for the pc insurance!) so she’s using my desktop with (gasp!) Windows 8 for her very first time. I did an experiment with her. I did not give her any instruction about using the OS. I didn’t even tell her it was Windows 8. The result? She is doing fine. She has not once asked for any help using the machine.
      The only difficulty she ran into was figuring out how to shut it down which she said she solved in less than 5 minutes by googling “how to shut down Windows 8”. Well… would you look at that?!
      No screaming. No gnashing of teeth.

This time, I know where most of those thumbs came from

by nicknielsen ·

Most times, I don’t.

Killing the Geekend? Still can’t believe it. :_|

Viewing 8 reply threads