TR members with the most Votes Up in the Q&A forum
robo_dev - 2

Spam busters
Palmetto_CharlieSpencer 10
bbyod - 5
Slayer_ - 4
AnsuGisalas - 2
John Joyner, zimmerwoman, spdragoo, brian.henze, and m.crawford - 1

Addendum: Happy birthday to TR members Jaqui and gadgetgirl!
  • +
    0 Votes
    PurpleSkys Moderator

hope you have a spantabulous weekend :)

+
    0 Votes
    Darryl~ Moderator

Congrats....I think

+
    0 Votes
    CharlieSpencer

That number can't be right. I did well on the 'Thumbs Up' last week because of a post to Jason's topic on 'open environment / platforms', correcting the misconception he was talking about 'open source'. I don't know what tripped the sensors this week.

The spam busters were helped when HAL was added to the moderators; that took him out of the competition. I'm still officially on my 'no hunting spam' strike, only flagging what I trip over as I snuffle around. Even a blind hog can find a few acorns.

Did my grocery discount card earn 'two for one' on the votes this week? Maybe it's my roguish charm and boyish good looks. Men wanna be me, women wanna be with me.

Thanks, Soni!

+
    0 Votes
    HAL 9000 Moderator

I knew I should have said no to Tammy. Now I suppose it's too late. :^0

Though it seemed to be a slow week on the Questions side of things last week.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    AnsuGisalas

I often wonder how Jaqui is doing. Hang in there, buddy!

+
    0 Votes
    AnsuGisalas

I mean, the idea should really be to pretend the spammers aren't there at all; so how can they occupy slots in the list?

+
    0 Votes
    HAL 9000 Moderator

I think you'll find that they can not pick that list as it's not being generated.

I've just deleted 16 Spam Messages that have been posted in the last 35 minutes or thereabouts from 2 posters and they are just the ones that I could see easily.

Here the People posting Spam even if it gets nuked before hitting the site get counted and the more that they post the lower down the list the real members come, if they even appear on the list at all. Even if you look at the Top 100 you have to go down to something like 28 before you get a Member who posts to TR and there are only a few "Real Members" listed in the Top 100.

Even Boxy has been scarce lately and she's most defiantly in the Top 100. OK I take it back they've fixed the Top 100 List and there are only a few Spammers on it now.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    Darryl~ Moderator

You just can't handle having Palmetto get one up one you.....sorry....I mean 2 up on you.

+
    0 Votes
    HAL 9000 Moderator

I don't mind it in the slightest. It then gets Pally more Peer Mails asking him to fix their problems rather than me.

OK so it's not as common these days but back in the Bad Old Days of TR any body could Peer Mail you and to save themselves quite a bit of Time & Effort they just used to email the person who was in the top spot of the Top 100 with their questions. It was a real drag opening your Mail Box first thing of the morning and finding quite a few requests for help from people who you had no idea of who they where or how to answer their questions. After all if you where the Top Poster to TR you must have known it all. :^0

It's much better having Pally so much further up the list than I am and I love it.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    AnsuGisalas

broke PeerMail...
    It's so well broke, even Humpty Dumptys doc can't help :^0

+
    1 Votes
    HAL 9000 Moderator

But now it seems to be working again.

Only noticed it since they fixed the Top 100 though.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    AnsuGisalas

That might be true, even!

Edit: Not that I doubt you, but it's just so incredible: I'm almost tempted to test it! ]:)

+
    0 Votes
    CharlieSpencer

Try sending to me.

+
    0 Votes
    AnsuGisalas

Is this then the end-times? :0
    :^0 Seriously though, kudos to the people working down in the bowels of this here site... it must be a scary place! :^0

+
    1 Votes
    CharlieSpencer

That's one good thing I'll have to give the New World Order. The new 'peer mail only between mutual contacts' sure cut down on annoying 'Do my homework' messages.

+
    2 Votes

I'm still resting up from the rush on Valentine's Day! We did great, for such a
    small store in a small town! Haven't had much time to post to anything, let
    alone hunt down the spammers, so was nice to see others jumping in!
    "Ya'll take care now, ya' hear!"
    Wiz

• +
    0 Votes
    PurpleSkys Moderator

hope you have a spantabulous weekend :)

+
    0 Votes
    Darryl~ Moderator

Congrats....I think

+
    0 Votes
    CharlieSpencer

That number can't be right. I did well on the 'Thumbs Up' last week because of a post to Jason's topic on 'open environment / platforms', correcting the misconception he was talking about 'open source'. I don't know what tripped the sensors this week.

The spam busters were helped when HAL was added to the moderators; that took him out of the competition. I'm still officially on my 'no hunting spam' strike, only flagging what I trip over as I snuffle around. Even a blind hog can find a few acorns.

Did my grocery discount card earn 'two for one' on the votes this week? Maybe it's my roguish charm and boyish good looks. Men wanna be me, women wanna be with me.

Thanks, Soni!

+
    0 Votes
    HAL 9000 Moderator

I knew I should have said no to Tammy. Now I suppose it's too late. :^0

Though it seemed to be a slow week on the Questions side of things last week.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    AnsuGisalas

I often wonder how Jaqui is doing. Hang in there, buddy!

+
    0 Votes
    AnsuGisalas

I mean, the idea should really be to pretend the spammers aren't there at all; so how can they occupy slots in the list?

+
    0 Votes
    HAL 9000 Moderator

I think you'll find that they can not pick that list as it's not being generated.

I've just deleted 16 Spam Messages that have been posted in the last 35 minutes or thereabouts from 2 posters and they are just the ones that I could see easily.

Here the People posting Spam even if it gets nuked before hitting the site get counted and the more that they post the lower down the list the real members come, if they even appear on the list at all. Even if you look at the Top 100 you have to go down to something like 28 before you get a Member who posts to TR and there are only a few "Real Members" listed in the Top 100.

Even Boxy has been scarce lately and she's most defiantly in the Top 100. OK I take it back they've fixed the Top 100 List and there are only a few Spammers on it now.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    Darryl~ Moderator

You just can't handle having Palmetto get one up one you.....sorry....I mean 2 up on you.

+
    0 Votes
    HAL 9000 Moderator

I don't mind it in the slightest. It then gets Pally more Peer Mails asking him to fix their problems rather than me.

OK so it's not as common these days but back in the Bad Old Days of TR any body could Peer Mail you and to save themselves quite a bit of Time & Effort they just used to email the person who was in the top spot of the Top 100 with their questions. It was a real drag opening your Mail Box first thing of the morning and finding quite a few requests for help from people who you had no idea of who they where or how to answer their questions. After all if you where the Top Poster to TR you must have known it all. :^0

It's much better having Pally so much further up the list than I am and I love it.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    AnsuGisalas

broke PeerMail...
    It's so well broke, even Humpty Dumptys doc can't help :^0

+
    1 Votes
    HAL 9000 Moderator

But now it seems to be working again.

Only noticed it since they fixed the Top 100 though.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    AnsuGisalas

That might be true, even!

Edit: Not that I doubt you, but it's just so incredible: I'm almost tempted to test it! ]:)

+
    0 Votes
    CharlieSpencer

Try sending to me.

+
    0 Votes
    AnsuGisalas

Is this then the end-times? :0
    :^0 Seriously though, kudos to the people working down in the bowels of this here site... it must be a scary place! :^0

+
    1 Votes
    CharlieSpencer

That's one good thing I'll have to give the New World Order. The new 'peer mail only between mutual contacts' sure cut down on annoying 'Do my homework' messages.

+
    2 Votes

I'm still resting up from the rush on Valentine's Day! We did great, for such a
    small store in a small town! Haven't had much time to post to anything, let
    alone hunt down the spammers, so was nice to see others jumping in!
    "Ya'll take care now, ya' hear!"
    Wiz