alan.frank and eaglewolf – 1

Also, we

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

thanks Soni :)

by purpleskys ·

In reply to TR Community scoreboard for March 1, 2013

for all the work that you do 🙂 have a spantabulous weekend everyone!!!
      Huge happy birthdays to all the birthday ppl maecuff, jck, AnsuGisalas, and T-mcnally_2011 hope you all have the best birthday days ever!

Oh, side note….I just tentively accepted an advertising sales position with a publishing company in a neighboring town…i’m nervous and excited all wrapped up and ready to explode!! lol

Birthday for me on the 5th

by slayer_ ·

Just FYI.

early

by purpleskys ·

In reply to Birthday for me on the 5th

happy early birthday Slayer…in case I forget to say so next week….hope it’s the bestest birthday day ever !! 🙂

Thanks

by slayer_ ·

In reply to early

I am heading out to Gimli for a party. I was hoping to snowmobile but last weekend my Mother accidentally drove over my new snowmobile, so it’s in for repairs.

awww

by purpleskys ·

In reply to Thanks

I bet your Mom feels pretty bad, I know I would. Hope you enjoy your party 🙂

She didn’t get hurt too bad thankfully

by slayer_ ·

In reply to awww

It could have been much worse.

But, we did prove Yamaha is stronger (it’s practically a tank) than Arctic Cat, because where my Yamaha suffered only cosmetic damage, the Cat got ripped through the tunnel, brakes, and exhaust can, and all panels in between. Pretty much wrote off her sled.

one word

by purpleskys ·

In reply to She didn’t get hurt too bad thankfully

ouch!

Yee Haw!! Multiple birthdays = multiple cake & ice cream!!

by Wizard57M-TR ·

I’m all in! Happy Birthday folks!
      Thank you Sonja! Excellent work, as usual!
      Have a good weekend everyone! 😉

Soni, you’re going to tick Max off.

by charliespencer ·

“Also, wed like to wish a very happy birthday to TR members maecuff, jck, AnsuGisalas, and T-mcnally_2011!”

Remember, max gets his shorts in a bunch if you mention mae and Ansu in the same breath. 😀

Easy now….

by Sonja Thompson ·

In reply to Soni, you’re going to tick Max off.

play nice

Play Nice?

by michael jay ·

In reply to Easy now….

At least Charlie did not chew his pop tart into the shape of a pistol, now that would be bad;

Second-grader suspended for turning pop-tart into toy gun

I liked the kid here

by hal 9000 ·

In reply to Play Nice?

Who had been instructed to bring something [b]Interesting[/b] to Show & Tell so she brought a WW11 Hand grenade. :^0

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/school-evacuated-as-pupil-brings-hand-grenade-to-show-and-tell-20121205-2au63.html

Col

I like

by michael jay ·

In reply to I liked the kid here

the response from the school and other officials for a much better outcome than the pop tart gun event.

And the funny thing is

by hal 9000 ·

In reply to I like

About 35 years ago the place where I lived was newly built on what was once a Army ordnance Dump.

It was not uncommon to dig up corroded complete 303 Shells while working in the garden. Things got slightly worse when a Bulldozer driver struck a 4 inch shell and it exploded with the blade of the dozer.

Back then we just gathered up the unused shells that we dug up and took them to the local Police Station where they where responsible for disposing of them. I have no idea what else was buried there but there where lots of Rifle Shells and as mentioned above at the very least 1 Cannon Shell so it wouldn’t have surprised me if there was other ordnance there.

Of course now days they panic call the Bomb Squad in and create a scene. I can remember the first time I took any shells to the Police they handed me a old army 303 and told me to go across the road and fire them. These things where rusted out totally and while they where full of Cordite I very much doubt that the Cap would have gone off let alone ignite the Cordite. My response was No Way that’s way too dangerous for my liking as personally I wouldn’t expect the Breach of the rifle to withstand the abuse that was being dished out. While some of the shells may have sent the projectile out the end of the barrel I suspect that most would have done nothing at all and just be added to a pile of unspent bullets that still had to be disposed of.

Even if they did manage to go [b]BANG[/b] I have serious doubts just how far the projectile could have gone or if they got out the end of the barrel at all but the damage to the rifle wouldn’t have been my idea of fun holding it. While those old Lee Enfields where solid they still had their limits and those shells where well beyond them. 😉

Col

Robotics week for me

by nicknielsen ·

In Myrtle Beach, no less!

Tomorrow’s the last day of competition. Any TR peers in the area are welcome to visit. Parking at the MB Convention Center is [u]free[/u] for this event, so take advantage while you can!.

And any peers in the MB area who would like can hook up with Horry County school teams who will welcome any and all assistance!

Viewing 4 reply threads