premiertechnologist – 19
    tdupont – 18

TR members with the most Votes Up in the Q&A forum
    ricky321 – 3
    jjtoday – 2

Spam busters
    Deadly Ernest – 26
    hippiekarl and jonc2011 1

Happy belated birthday to TR member Netman1988 and Head Blogs Editor Toni Bowers!

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Just a single Observation here Soni

by hal 9000 ·

In reply to TR Community scoreboard for October 5, 2012

ABC Shopping whatever has far more posts than De here I know they have been posting about 17 different posts per day most of which DE has been flagging.

The day I caught then and deleted all of their posts they had 17 and I believe that was a slow day for them so they should be higher on the list than DE. 😉

From the alerts that I’ve been getting I’m assuming that DE Spam Busting score is for 26 different posters not just 26 reports because he’s been flagging more than that per day. :^0

[b]And for the rest Hippo Burfsday to everyone having a burfday. And may you all receive lots of [_]3 [/b]

Have a great Weekend everyone. If I survive the next few days with [b]SWMBO[/b] beating me up I’ll be very busy with her away in the Horsepital for a few days come Monday, I think it’s time to throw a [b]PARTY![/b]. 😀

Col ]:)

Holy smokes!

by purpleskys ·

you had the stats posted before i even crawled outta bed this morning…lol… thanks though, you always do a great job
      hope you and all the other great TR folks have a fantastic weekend! 🙂
      It’s Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada so I have no doubt we will eat too much until we’re :-& .

Happy birthday to all the birthday people, may you have/had a perfect birthday day <:)

Hey, PS!

by charliespencer ·

In reply to Holy smokes!

How’s that hockey season working out for you? There’s something to be thankful for! 😀

Somebody’s out of bed early this morning.

by charliespencer ·

‘Sup wi’ dat? Did the Ohio River rise? Are the Louisville Cardinals on Gameday? Has Derby Week been rescheduled?

Darned if I know how I made the podium; I was offline Monday thru Wednesday.

Have a great weekend everyone!

by Wizard57M-TR ·

Thank you Sonja, good job as usual.
      Happy Birthday netman and Toni!
      😉

Daahmmn, I thought I was cuttin’ back on posts, oh well!

by deadly ernest ·

Thanks for the info, Sonja.

On a side issue, can the existing censorship system be set up to also censor out certain urls. O figure if it was possible to do that, then regulars like abcshopping can have the url entered as *bcshop* and it would come out as a useless link of www.***********.com or http://www.a******ping.com and make all their work a wasted effort right where they can see it as they post, and maybe save us a lot of work hunting the suckers down.

BTW do the posts flagging a spammer count towards the overall total of posts made? I’m just a wondering.

Well Guys as I’m going to be really tied up for the next few days

by hal 9000 ·

It’s up to you Gang to take up the slack and delete all that spam while I’m being entertained at the local Horsepital. Apparently I have to have [b]SWMBO[/b] there by 11.00 AM tomorrow as she is refusing to walk like I told her to, so it looks as if I’m going to have to waste a lot of Petrol and drive her there. 🙁

The Opp is scheduled for the late afternoon and she’ll be in the hospital for 2 nights and then Chuck Out Time is 10.00 AM on Wednesday but knowing the High Quality Health Profession we’ll probably be waiting another few hours to get the prescribed meds so I believe that all of Wednesday will be blown away before we get home. Naturally she’s not going to walk home either so that is another day that I’ll have to waste petrol to pick her up.

Only good thing is that after seeing her drive the quacks are insisting that she will be unable to drive after they finish with her so I’ll have to drive her around as she is so disobedient that she simply refuses to do as I tell her to. Then playing the sick little girl she’ll be insisting that she is unable to carry anything heavy like the washing around and want people to run around after her to do her work. About the only thing she’ll not complain about doing is wrecking the bed and blaming me for it. But the great news is that knowing that the Daughter in Law will be cooking for her has confirmed my opinion that she’ll be cooking as soon as she gets home and not run the risk of being poisoned or served up uneatable food. :^0

So over all I’ll be a bit scarce for the next few days and even when I’m around I’ll probably not be my usual cheerful self spreading cheer and goodwill around. Only good thing is that I have 2 X 3 inch stainless steal bolts to hold her head on after the quacks slit her neck and I have had the Snap On Tool Guy over today and got some sockets to tighten them up with so I’ll be sure that her head doesn’t fall off. They are massive the thread is 75 mm X 2.5 and they are 12 inches long. I’ll not mention just how heavy that they are or how expensive that much Stainless Steal is either.

Very course threads on those big bolls but at the very least they shouldn’t rust. Though knowing my luck she’ll break the unbreakable Snap On Tools and then her head will fall off when the nuts come loose. I’ll see if I can find some Industrial Strength Locktight to try to hold the nuts in place. ;\

So make sure that the place doesn’t go to Rack & Ruin while I’m away as I want it in the same condition when I eventually return.

[i]Edited to add[/I] This Thread was off the Discussion Page so I had to click on Show More and scroll down to it. When I clicked on it instead of taking me to this thread I was taken the TR’s Front Page. Seems to be a fault there if anyone is reading this.

Col ]:)

Good luck, Col!

by Wizard57M-TR ·

In reply to Well Guys as I’m going to be really tied up for the next few days

Don’t be too harsh on the SWMBO, just gentle reminders that “this is
        only a temporary situation!” LOL! If you don’t do that, you’ll end up
        like ME!!! Still doing the heavy lifting, cooking, cleaning…darn, I’m
        too easy! As for taking care of the spammers…got your back on that
        as well. Now, for the occasional flare-ups in the discussions, especially
        in regards to web browser security, well, I’ve been enjoying the banter
        that’s going on, so I’ll let you catch up on that one…funny how some
        people can take difference to a post when you are actually agreeing
        with them!
        C U L8R! 😉

Well I must be doing something right

by hal 9000 ·

In reply to Good luck, Col!

Over the past week or so I’ve been called a Apple Hater and Microsoft Hater. Seems that I don’t like any Tech at all. :^0

With [b]SWMBO[/b] I may very well end up driving her around for the time being but if I was to try to treat her as [b]Fragile[/b] I would be beat up so badly. Besides as I’m not into [b]Pain & Suffering[/b] I can honestly say it’s not worth the effort. 😉

Col

You Apple hater! You Microsoft hater!

by Wizard57M-TR ·

In reply to Well I must be doing something right

And I suppose you trash Linux at every opportunity as well!
          Sheesh…there’s no pleasing some people! LOL! 🙂
          As for pain and suffering from SWMBOs, yes indeed!
          I concur wholeheartedly! However, in my house I AM THE MAN!!!
          Anyway, when she’s not around! And by golly, what I say around
          here goes! Right out the window!! LOL!
          Somewhere on my old P166 I have a little WAV file of Man Song…
          always good for a chuckle!
          Mrs Wiz may not look to feisty, but I do my best to stay in her
          good graces, those little fingers somehow manage to fit right
          between the ribs, OUCH!! Hehe! 😉

my wishes

by purpleskys ·

I hope Mrs. Col heals smoothly and quickly 🙂 and yes, us goils gotta stick togetha ! 😉

Well things are sort of going right

by hal 9000 ·

Opp was at 13.00 with her transfer to ward somewhere between 15.00 and 15.30, she actually arrived at the ward at 18.45 a couple of hours late.

She was held in recovery because of pain not the pain from the abuse [i]EH I meant surgery[/i] but from the pain in her neck from the way they had her head when they did the surgery. Apparently the Surgeon wasn’t overly happy [i]or perhaps he was ecstatic[/i] when she said I can’t feel any pain where you cut me open but the back of my neck is killing me. 😀

The ward being very helpful insisted all that they knew was she had not arrived yet even after I watched them wheel her in. The good news is she’s still talking [i]well that’s according to the Quacks not me[/i] and everything went fine with no complications thought they did forget to install the bolts to keep her head attached.

So now [b]SWMBO[/b] is minus her Thyroid Gland and the last I saw her sleeping. I still maintain that the car collision she was involved in is a very expensive mistake. They messed up badly at the time and now a few years latter are panicking because she had a massive lump in her thyroid and one breast. The Breast is directly attributable to damage from the seat belt and funnily enough if you trace the seat belt positioning the lump in her neck was in a direct line with the seat belt but no the quacks insist it had to come out because it might be the Big C to which I just replied Colic not a problem she hasn’t had that since she was a child but there is no way I’m going to burp her under any circumstances, though you can if you like. 😉

The supposed Cancer mustn’t have been anything important either because the Surgeon is now saying that she has to come back to him in 4 to 5 weeks when he’s free to get the Pathology Results, seems just like another appointment which he has to charge for to me because I’m sure that they would have sent it off tot he Lab while she was on the table for their view if they where at all worried when they saw what they where cutting out.

From finding the lump to it’s removal it’s been 5 weeks and even then she insisted that she wanted to speak to one of my friends who was away at the time for his opinion so that held them up for 2 weeks. Though she did say to the surgeon you better be sure you get all of what you want as there is no way in Hell you are going to get a second go, I’ll be silly enough once but it’s not going to happen twice. :0

And Mr Wiz your comments brought back to mind Bill Crosby track with Arthur whatever describing his father as 6 foot 4 and that was only around the middle and built like a Brick Shitehouse and his mother all of 3 foot maybe and was blown away when there was any breeze. He was really impressed when she Beat up Aurthur’s Father for something he did to the kid. Doesn’t matter what anyone says the females are far more dangerous than any male and [b]Always Get Their Way.[/b] :^0

Now I wonder what they’ll find in another 3 or 4 years time to hit her with next from the same collision, maybe a broken leg which they just discovered?

Notice still no comments about [b]Women Drivers?[/b] Though it may be the reason why they are insisting that she can not drive. :0

Col
        [i]edited to add[/i] I really suppose I should mention this one for the Girls here. So Girls next time you are involved in any Motor Vehicle Collision insist that the Quack treating you has a Good Feel of your Mammary Glands and then insist on a Mammogram.

Sure it’s not going to do anything good for you and your Health Insurance Company is most likely going to complain bitterly but while you are being felt up it’s got to feel better than anything else that the quacks are going to do to you. To be perfectly honest it’s not one of the first things I would have thought about to insist on but apparently they now consider it [b]Important.[/b]

So any Seat Belt Stain that is left on you after a collision needs to be checked out throughly for it’s entire length and recorded in your Medical Records. Of course many years latter when they discover something they will not think it’s related to that collision till after the surgery at which point they can abuse you for not telling them about the accident. 😀

Glad to hear she’s on the mend

by purpleskys ·

In reply to Well things are sort of going right

And I will take your advice to heart…even though I have a mammogram yearly.

Mammogram is where they found Mrs Wiz’s lump…

by Wizard57M-TR ·

In reply to Glad to hear she’s on the mend

after we had had done a bit of home checking, it felt “funny” to
          both of us, turned out malignant. But, we’re 4 years surviving now!
          Been through with the chemo for about 2 years. We have a little
          fund raiser at the drugstore each year for breast cancer research…
          t-shirts, pens, bracelets, caps, etc., got it going again this year!

Viewing 5 reply threads